Riverfront Property Proposal(s)?

tony speller

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interested parties are being asked to submit a vision statement for redeveloping the public works center into a mixed commercial, retail and residential use, provide a financial background and describe their experience developing large parcels of urban land.

Developers that are deemed qualified will be given two months to submit full proposals with site plans, timelines and financing proformas.

I think Monday's new release might be a real snoozer.

Patience is a virtue...

You are correct torgo. The bids are due Friday. There will not be anything substantial released to the public for months to come in my opinion. My opinion is based on personally bidding on government projects for over a decade.

At $35,000,000 I'm surprised that there is one.

I'll bet that it (they) includes some kind of phased purchase arrangement or seller financing.

I agree. Any kind of massive use that it would take to fill all that land does not move that fast. It takes years to scope out a site for large corporate relocaters. Look how long Toyota has been talking about building a new plant, possibly in Michigan. It's not like the smaller DASH lots or City Centre ramp site that can be filled by one local yocal. 16 acres/$35 Million is huge by urban site standards, as far as I know.

What they should do is LIST the property for sale, and expect a couple of years for a user to show up. It's not like they HAVE to sell that riverfront parcel.

I'm going to go enjoy the outdoors now and shut my pie hole.

Spy photo...

I went to shoot one king and one queen and shot two of each.

Faust's architect Tom Dowling and Ms. Shurlow (I think) walking into the Grubb & Ellis office building with a big envelope. They better hurry to meet the deadline.

How ironic is the placement of these sculptures?

Hmmmm.......

149433782_2dd48ecb10_o.jpg

There's at least three proposals that have been submitted.

WOOD TV: A third proposal has been turned in by The Barnes/Stevens Redevelopment partnership out of Buffalo, New York. The investors are Tom Barnes and Greg Stevens. They are being represented locally by SJ Wisinski & Company of Grand Rapids.

I think JackBBV hit the nail on the head with his recent comments.

Exhibit A:

22228jl.jpg

Notice the evidence circled in Exhibit A. The title "River Grand Project" below receiving address demonstrates a creative slant of the writer and possibly a hint at the creativity that we might see in the packets following the release on Monday 22nd.

In my edumacated opinion I say with 99.9% certainty: "you are the father."

Short answer: Yes.

:dontknow: but who ever drew that Devos Place wave is pretty cool, The Shurlow look alike is kinda tall or the dude is kinda short.

Developer would build 'Italian piazza'

The Grand Rapids Press

GRAND RAPIDS -- A Buffalo, N.Y., developer interested in purchasing city-owned land along the Grand River said Friday he envisions "an Italian piazza, where people would enjoy the feeling of a town center on the water."

Greg Stevens, managing member of Barnes/Stevens Redevelopment, said the company wants a pedestrian plaza with a 6-to-8-story glass atrium "that would connect the street to the riverside."

Its plan also envisions a riverfront marina for boaters and a boardwalk linking the site to Millennium Park.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss...9460.xml&coll=6

What ever goes there, I'd like to see them incorporate height. The city is pretty much wiping the slate clean with this one, giving all kinds of lee-way for creativity to flow. Possibilities are endless. What id like to shy away from is a fortress like Ren-cen type place. I love me some Detroit, Love the ren cen but but did it not do anything to help revitalize Detroit. I'd hate to see a massive concrete and glass structure, create a vacuum on the energy of downtown.

What ever goes there, I'd like to see them incorporate height. The city is pretty much wiping the slate clean with this one, giving all kinds of lee-way for creativity to flow. Possibilities are endless. What id like to shy away from is a fortress like Ren-cen type place. I love me some Detroit, Love the ren cen but but did it not do anything to help revitalize Detroit. I'd hate to see a massive concrete and glass structure, create a vacuum on the energy of downtown.

I was thinking the same thing. There better be some height in whatever is put here. I think that is one of the things GR really needs right now not counting out the other things we need.

Archived