Riverbend 2006 June 9th to June 17th

Riverbend Music festival starts tomorrow, June 9th and runs all the way to June 17th. There will 6 stages set up offering every kind of music imaginable during the course of the event. Several hundred thousand people will attend. The six stages will all be located along the riverfront on the south side of the river downtown. The five stages will be the Bud Lite Stage, the Covista Stage, the AmSouth Stage, the Unum Provident Stage, the CTFP Children'sStage and the Coca-Cola Stage which will present each night headline attractions. Here's a list of all the headline acts coming to Riverbend 2006:

June 9........Hank Williams, Jr

June 10......Angie Stone & Jagged Edge

June 11......Kenny Rogers with the Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra

June 12......Bessie Smith Strut (Street Party, Blues and Barbecue on MLK Boulevard with six bands on three stages)

June 13......FFH and Audio Adrenaline

June 14......Los Lonely Boys

June 15......Sugarland

June 16......Trisha Yearwood

June 17......The Allman Brothers

The other bans are way too numerous to post. I plan to take pictures of the event and post on this thread for all to see.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the festival Friday and took a few pictures. The headline performer was Hank Williams Jr. The estimated crowd for the day was a whopping 100,000...one of the largest in Riverbend Festival history. I decided to stay at the smaller venues which were not so crowded, but the entertainment was awesome. Here's some shots:

Some of the huge crowd

P6091125.jpg

Soul Survivor playing at one of the smaller venues, the Bud Lite Stage

P6091122.jpg

An amazing local band Infradig. They play a mix of jazz, with elements of hip hop, jungle, etc. Very cool and very danceable

P6091127.jpg

P6091131.jpg

I watched Al Di Meola during the time Hank Jr was playing. A wildly enthusiastic crowd of maybe 3,000 watched this Jazz great. Al Di Meola simply put is the best guitarist I've ever seen, and I've seen some great ones. I would rate him on par with Stevie Ray Vaughn...he's that damn good!

P6091135.jpg

P6091139.jpg

Those are some great pics. I love going down to riverbend when i ge the chance which hasnt happened in 3 years. I went with the aunt and uncle a few years ago to see the headliner Crosby Stills and Nash... Riverbend is always a rockin time with huge crowds every night.

Those are some great pics. I love going down to riverbend when i ge the chance which hasnt happened in 3 years. I went with the aunt and uncle a few years ago to see the headliner Crosby Stills and Nash... Riverbend is always a rockin time with huge crowds every night.

Thanks. Riverbend 2006 ended last night with another huge crowd of nearly 100,000. This was the most successful Riverbend Festival in it's 26 year history. The Allman Brothers Band headlined the night that was capped off by as awesome fireworks display. As peomised, here's some more pictures from this years Riverbend Festival. Enjoy!

P6121145.jpg

P6121156.jpg

P6121158.jpg

P6121161.jpg

P6121163.jpg

P6151195.jpg

P6151203.jpg

P6171218.jpg

P6171220.jpg

P6171226.jpg

P6171227.jpg

P6171236.jpg

P6171241.jpg

P6171243.jpg

P6171260.jpg

P6181261.jpg

Thats an awesome shot with the water cannons in the front and the boats in the water in the background. I love how Riverbend provides a jumbo screen with live shots of the Coca-Cola Stage for the boaters.

There were hundreds of boats with thousands enjoying the concert and fireworks show from the water! Awesome indeed.

Archived