Lexington Restaurants

georgeglass

I saw this thread in the Tallahassee forum and thought it would be good for this forum. we can start other threads for other cities. I thought it would be best to keep them separated by city in case someone wanted to look them over based on where they were or wanted to go.

I'll begin by stating that I love Bistro 147 and a lot of people are not familiar with it. It is a tiny, intimate place across from the new courthouses on Limestone. There is only one server and he gets to know you very quickly. The place only has about 10 tables. They have a great special where you can get any 2 entrees and a bottle of wine for 45.00. It is a great deal I have taken advantage of many times. It has been there for a few years now and became one of my staples for dining out after Ed and Fred's Desert Moon closed. (still makes me want to cry)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this thread in the Tallahassee forum and thought it would be good for this forum. we can start other threads for other cities. I thought it would be best to keep them separated by city in case someone wanted to look them over based on where they were or wanted to go.

I'll begin by stating that I love Bistro 147 and a lot of people are not familiar with it. It is a tiny, intimate place across from the new courthouses on Limestone. There is only one server and he gets to know you very quickly. The place only has about 10 tables. They have a great special where you can get any 2 entrees and a bottle of wine for 45.00. It is a great deal I have taken advantage of many times. It has been there for a few years now and became one of my staples for dining out after Ed and Fred's Desert Moon closed. (still makes me want to cry)

I haven't dined in the downtown all that much, or elsewhere sans some chains, but one of my favorites is Joe Balogna's on East Maxwell near UK. Great Italian-oriented food in a beautiful renovated building. Definately better to see the church in that condition than town down!

Food...good...

DeSha's is great: food is excellant, location - Broadway and Main, and atmosphere (get a table for two on the second floor overlooking the intersection/Triangle Park)

When in town, I ALWAYS stop for a Ho burger at Tally Ho! And yes, Joe B's (Balogna's) is a long-lived pizza joint that moved from it's orignal location just down the street into a church where they currently have a bar in the old choir loft - great food served with character daily!!!

There are quite a few small resturants (ala Ramsey's) near UK/DT/Chevy Chase area that offer a good variety of choice and prices

Archived