Al-Zarqawi Dead

GRDadof3

Have any of you even bothered to notice that a report uncovered recently (by Rick Santorum) highlighted that 500 WMD have been found in Iraq since 2003 as well?

That's old news, and we've been over it many times. Those were the weapons the US gave Saddam in the 80s to fight Iran. They are well past their expiration date and are useless. These facts are conveniently left out of Santorum's report, though the words "degraded" and "pre-Gulf War" are clues to the truth, inserted to avoid lying outright. The report is Neocon propaganda.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone sent this to me the other day:

Did You Know?

Have any of you even bothered to notice that a report uncovered recently (by Rick Santorum) highlighted that 500 WMD have been found in Iraq since 2003 as well?

This report has already been discussed here as partisan nonsense by Santorum who is in line for a very tough re-election battle for his seat. His constant siding with big business at the expense of the American people has hurt him, and he tends to be one of the most viperous republicans out there. One of the great dividers in this country and I hope the sensible people of Pennsylvania vote this asshole out of office.

The weapons in particular have been dismissed by the defense department and by our very own president as relics left over from the Iraq/Iran war of the 1980s. They were not the WMDs we were looking for according to bush. And of course they don't really want to talk about them, because if you look closely at them, one finds they have "Made in the USA" stamped on them. This of course when Bush Sr. ran a program to sell US chemical weapons technology to Saddam in the 80s when he was VP.

As for the list of accolades that you list for Iraq, it should be noted that all of that was happening anyway with Iraq before Bush bombed them back to the stone age. Iraq was a fairly modern place in the scheme of things and the reason we are having to give out polio shots now and rebuild buildings is because we completely destroyed their infrastructure. It's disinformation at its finest. :sick:

So the US is the good guy when we rebuild buildings we destroyed? Interesting logic. I hope it doesn't catch on here -- I don't want any good Samaritans burning my house and then putting out the fire and then branded as heroes...

Whether 20 or 2000 kids get scholarships so we can have sound-bites -- it doesn't matter, they don't want us in their country and we are creating a whole generation of American-haters and "terrorists" by BEING there. We are accomplishing nothing but lining the pockets of big oil and Halliburton.

Man, I gotta buy stock in this Halliburton company I keep hearing about.

http://www.stockwatch.com/swnet/charts/cha...mp;region=U.jpg

You should -- they get caught underdelivering services in Iraq so they get more contracts. They supply GAS in a country that produces GAS for more than it would cost to get it from the source. Amazing. This group keeps getting caught ripping us off but somehow remains in place. It can't have anything to do with the vice-president having been a former exec...

Lost in the Israel/Lebanon news is how bad it has gotten in the last month in Iraq. More than 100 people/day are being killed in Iraq and attacks against security forces have risen 40% in just the past month. This thing is headed in exactly the wrong direction.

Bush's "cakewalk" is anything but. Its a tragedy that so many people are dying because of his decisions.

Archived