Parade of Downtown Living

Beavis

i thought I should give a quick review as well. I saw union square last year.. so no big news there. The place did look like it had a lot of work to be done. The fitzgerald was VERY nice, and it carried the price tag to go along with it. It was a lot more 'grown up' than most of the other places. I was probably most impressed by the boardwalk. The models were very cool and very well priced. The studio model was set up nicely, but I thought it was over priced. 109k for the studio, plus 10k if you want to finish the roof deck. I guess it was mostly because of the river view as other studios start much lower. They had a lot of models done with a wide range of finishes. They even had a 'basic' kitchen showing what comes without extra cost which most other places don't do.

Did they really say the additional rooftop was only 10k? That seems pretty low for all that's involved.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they really say the additional rooftop was only 10k? That seems pretty low for all that's involved.

Yes, the gentleman in the studio model told me that to build out a deck and create access to it (spiral staircase?) would add about $10k to the cost.

Sounds like a lot of us may have crossed paths at the Fitzgerald open house the other night. We need to develop some sort of code to identify all the UPers when we're out and about.

I was actually thinking of that recently. Granted, I ran into GRCentro (or rather, he ran into me) at Avenue for the Arts Market (If anybody else went... I was the only male volunteer there =p).. but I was thinking of maybe getting a UP hat of some sort and wearing it every time i go downtown.

Did anyone else go on Saturday afternoon?

I met some cool people. Who knows, it could have been you!

Yes, I also went Saturday afternoon. It was such a gorgeous day - perfect for touring. Ended up having lunch at the River House model - took a few munchies down to the tables next to the river and ate there - lovely.

Yes, I also went Saturday afternoon. It was such a gorgeous day - perfect for touring. Ended up having lunch at the River House model - took a few munchies down to the tables next to the river and ate there - lovely.

I ate in the lobby and chatted with a few other people before going to the roof to get some cool photos.

Did anyone else find the Fitzgerald patio area to be a little strange? I kept thinking "Boy, I hope it doesn't rain". If you didn't see it, they basically took a 12 x 12 or so corner area of the building and took the windows right out, and then separated that space from the rest of the unit with exterior french doors. One going into the Living Room and one into the MBR. It was way cool, but hard to absorb mentally. It would take a lot for me to get used to it. Having the views of the Civic Theatre and the back of the People's Building framed by 12' arched windows is priceless.

If you stepped back and looked at the building however, you would notice that that area with the sun room / patio was the only extrusion on the building. Is that the only one that will have that amenity? That was my question, but I was already on my way out when I notice it.

Archived