Construction Thread: Village at Pelham

btoy

I would have sworn this had been started, but I can not find it any where.

Anyway, attached is the new site plan with the road relocations. The out patient center is open, the commercial on the North Side of 14 is underway....also notice that the plan calls for two hotels. Compare this one to the one on hte Pazdan Smith website to see what roads are new.

Pelham_Village_layout.pdf

Pelham_Village_layout.pdf

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks btoy! :thumbsup: Great to see this complete plan. This is a big development. The grocery and retail on the plan....across Highway 14 from the main part....that's what is under construction now? Is that a Bloom store?

Yes but to get the full site you need to zoom out 2-3 times, Spartanburg Regionals Holdings in the area are actaully larger than the green area on the site plan. And their are other property holders near by that or going to capitalize on this opportunity to developer their land as well.

It's almost funny how this thing flew in under the radar for me. I drive out Highway 14 fairly often and had no idea this was coming. I need to remember to take my blinders off. :blink: It looks like a fairly large development.

Is this in Greenville County???

It is just in Spartanburg County. It is in the corner where the county line goes from being a straight line and starts to follow the Enoree River. So it is juer to the east and just to the north of Greenville County all at the same time.

I would have sworn this had been started, but I can not find it any where.

Link: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15658

There's an earlier topic in the Upstate SC Metros forum as the development is outside of Greenville and more specifically in Greer.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd think the Grocery Store would be Publix, given the other grocers and their proximity.

It can either be Bi-Lo, Ingle's or Publix. Bi-Lo and Publix both have stores over three miles away near Thornblade. Bi-Lo currently has land for a new store as South SC-14, Hammett Bridge and South Buncombe roads, approxiamately five miles from the development. Publix wants another Greer store specifically in the West Wade Hampton Boulevard area. Ingle's does not have a presence in this specific trade area yet. Their new stores are at least 65,000 square feet, larger than the proposed 44,000 square feet grocer.

It can either be Bi-Lo, Ingle's or Publix. Bi-Lo and Publix both have stores over three miles away near Thornblade. Bi-Lo currently has land for a new store as South SC-14, Hammett Bridge and South Buncombe roads, approxiamately five miles from the development. Publix wants another Greer store specifically in the West Wade Hampton Boulevard area. Ingle's does not have a presence in this specific trade area yet. Their new stores are at least 65,000 square feet, larger than the proposed 44,000 square feet grocer.

Yes, I weighted all of this as well, which is precisely why I arrived at Publix being the most logical choice.

Being such a great trade area with Bent Creek Plantation and other dense communities along Abner Creek Road, it is a mystery why no one wants to risk an oppprtunity to grassroot itself in the area.

It has been risked, Bloom is with in spitting distance.

• 6 months later...

I was by this site on Saturday and they are really moving some earth around! :thumbsup: Stone based signs are up on all four corners at the main intersection (they look great) and looks like work is underway for multiple buildings, on multiple corners. Didn't have my camera with me.....will try to shoot some later this week on my way to the airport.

This, the Village Hospital building, will be on the northeastern corner of the 4 corners. It is just across Westmoreland from the existing MOB and Surgery Center. The veiw is from Westmoreland. The western corners (across Hwy 14) are the entrance to the retail development.

The rendering looks great! Thanks btoy! It looks like the bottom floor exterior walls will be stone...in keeping with the look they have going on. Really nice! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the explanation of the layout / corners crescentmoon. :thumbsup: When I was by there recently, per your explanation, the corner where the hospital will go was under heavy grading and earth moving. Will the hospital portion be starting soon?

Archived