Construction Thread: Village at Pelham

btoy

• 2 months later...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree there may not be a grocery store. When I spoke with David Parks a few months ago, he had the same response as in the newspaper article. I do not think they have anything else concrete in the works as of yet.

In an article, several months ago, Parks stated businesses were timing all their openings with the hospital opening in Fall 2008. Why not just have the businesses open in order of completion instead of delaying openings. It seems to me that the more up and running businesses now will draw in more business later.

I wonder just what businesses he is referring to in the article of several months back.

• 2 weeks later...

Link: Wellness center, retail, grocery planned in Greer

The Greenville News (2007.11.13)

It seems the grocery anchor is still on for the retail center, known as Village Martketplace. The grocer would be about 45,600 square feet.

Bi-Lo/Super Bi-Lo is looking at sites on the eastern side of I-85 in the golden box area for future stores. This would be a great fit.

• 9 months later...

Archived