Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCB

Leading economist expects New Orleans' economy is about to boom

7 posts in this topic

$60 to $80 billion of new money will flow into the New Orleans economy in the next 3 to 5 years, based on the latest Economic Report out of the University of New Orleans. Dr. Tim Ryan, the chancellor of the University of New Orleans, and a leading economist, stated that he believes New Orleans' economy could start to experience a boom over the next 3-5 years.

Video

Interesting report. I must say that I never particularly cared for Kirschman's, but it is always sad to see a local business succumbing to a national chain. Good to see that the economy is recovering quickly.

Very interesting, but good to hear.

By the way, Nate, I had to open Internet Explorer to watch the video because Firefox wouldn't let me watch. Any suggestions? You can PM if you'd prefer not to get off-topic here.

By the way, Nate, I had to open Internet Explorer to watch the video because Firefox wouldn't let me watch. Any suggestions? You can PM if you'd prefer not to get off-topic here.

The video isn't working for me on Firefox right now either, but worked fine earlier in the day. I don't know what's up, but I'll check it tommorow to see if it's back up.

The video isn't working for me on Firefox right now either, but worked fine earlier in the day. I don't know what's up, but I'll check it tommorow to see if it's back up.

Weird. It worked with no problem on IE. Knowing you have Firefox, I figured you viewed it so it must have worked for you. I just assumed I was missing some kind of plug-in, although it said it couldn't find one.

Weird, I have Firefox and I didn't have any problems seeing the video.

Weird, I have Firefox and I didn't have any problems seeing the video.

It's working fine for me again. I'm not sure what was causing it to be a problem last night though.