Management Reserves the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone

monsoon

Do you agree with Geno's Requirement to Speak English?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Geno's Requirement to Speak English?

• Yes - It is his right
    • No - it is discrimination
    • No Opinion
  2. 2. Good or bad for Philly

• Good - We need more people speaking out for Americans
    • Bad - It's bad for business

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised how lopsided the poll is so far. I would have thought there would be lots of debate on this. Geno's is great but I think he should value his customers despite their language. I do fault the feds though for even having things reach this stage in America.

I'll say this: I think that Vento has every right to express his opinion, but I also think that he's also looking for some attention and free publicity and using the current immigration debate for his platform. Besides, I've been to Geno's numerous times (not to order steaks, I think that it has crappy service, IMO, what no peppers and mushrooms, WTF???) and have seen the same sign a couple of years back.

If somebody spoke Italian, Russian, Greek, German, Hungarian, or French, would you turn him down??? Business sense indicates that every dollar counts, even from foreign tourists, but in Vento's case, he doesn't give a rat's ass. And for a man whose own grandfather was an illegal immigrant, his agenda is BS!!!

If somebody spoke Italian, Russian, Greek, German, Hungarian, or French, would you turn him down??? Business sense indicates that every dollar counts, even from foreign tourists, but in Vento's case, he doesn't give a rat's ass. And for a man whose own grandfather was an illegal immigrant, his agenda is BS!!!

Joey Vento is a cafone* to post a sign up like that which will bring a lot of negative publicity. On the other hand, we cant expect the lowly paid food handlers and cashiers at Genos to know all the lanuages of the world either so english is expected out of everyone who orders food. When you have a national and somewhat a world reputation of celeb's, media and sports figures visiting this brotherly love landmark, not everyone is going to agree with what Genos believes. In the long run, what i call discrimination, will hurt his revenues and it will just take some revenue away, walking distance over to Pats .

As bad as this all sounds, ill still go to Genos since they make better cheesesteaks anyways... i still wont go to Pats because once i discovered the meat was not fully cooked!

Cafone, an italian word meaning:

An ill-mannered person

Pat Vento is a cafone* to post a sign up like that which will bring a lot of negative publicity. On the other hand, we cant expect the lowly paid food handlers and cashiers at Pats to know all the lanuages of the world either so english is expected out of everyone who orders food. When you have a national and somewhat a world reputation of celeb's, media and sports figures visiting this brotherly love landmark, not everyone is going to agree with what Pat believes. In the long run, what i call discrimination, will hurt his revenues and it will just take some revenue away, walking distance over to Genos.

Besides, Genos makes better cheesesteaks anyways... once i discovered the meat was not fully cooked at Pats !

Cafone, an italian word meaning:

An ill-mannered person

Actually Joey Vento is with Geno's. The sign is at Geno's, not Pat's.

Wow... thanks, that was so human error over there! Dont blame me, i was too pissed off writing the response! :rofl:

Well then, if its Genos NOT Pats.. ill still go there for a cheesesteak (i never liked Pats). Ill highlight in red what shoudl of been said originally!

• 1 month later...

Wow... thanks, that was so human error over there! Dont blame me, i was too pissed off writing the response! :rofl:

Well then, if its Genos NOT Pats.. ill still go there for a cheesesteak (i never liked Pats). Ill highlight in red what shoudl of been said originally!

Doesn't affect me, I like Pats better anyways. Genos steaks are cut too thick, too hard to chew.

Archived