Communication towers

Rizzo

Today, after noticing some communication towers in the city I wanted to find out exactly how tall they were. I was led to a FCC website and found a neat section with registered heights of communication towers registered with the federal agency. With this cool search feature I pluged in our city.

To share my findings. A Top 5:

1. 1,060' - Lat/Long: 43-18-35.4 N 085-54-44.8 W - Owner: Combined Communications Corporation of Oklahoma, Inc.

2. 633' - Loc: 399 GARFIELD S W - Owner: FURNITURE CITY BROADCASTING CORP DBA = WFUR FM

3. 500' - Loc: 1308 PLYMOUTH RD NE - Owner: RADIO TOWERS INC

4. 419' - Loc: 2853 THREE MILE RD NW - Owner: SCHOLTEN, DALE DBA = GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS CO

5. 406' - Loc: 399 GARFIELD SW - Owner: FURNITURE CITY BROADCASTING CORP DBA = WFUR FM

A total of 56 structures (constructed/Dismantled ) are currently listed in the database.

A list of all structures matching the City of Grand Rapids.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, after noticing some communication towers in the city I wanted to find out exactly how tall they were. I was led to a FCC website and found a neat section with registered heights of communication towers registered with the federal agency. With this cool search feature I pluged in our city.

To share my findings. A Top 5:

1. 1,060' - Lat/Long: 43-18-35.4 N 085-54-44.8 W - Owner: Combined Communications Corporation of Oklahoma, Inc.

2. 633' - Loc: 399 GARFIELD S W - Owner: FURNITURE CITY BROADCASTING CORP DBA = WFUR FM

3. 500' - Loc: 1308 PLYMOUTH RD NE - Owner: RADIO TOWERS INC

4. 419' - Loc: 2853 THREE MILE RD NW - Owner: SCHOLTEN, DALE DBA = GENERAL COMMUNICATIONS CO

5. 406' - Loc: 399 GARFIELD SW - Owner: FURNITURE CITY BROADCASTING CORP DBA = WFUR FM

A total of 56 structures (constructed/Dismantled ) are currently listed in the database.

A list of all structures matching the City of Grand Rapids.

Here is a little more usable device that uses the FCC database to get its results and then mashes it with google. Enter a city and state on the left side about midway down and hit start.

Tower and antenna height are nice, but HAAT, height above average terrain is an interesting number to look at too.

Towers

Clicking on the individual balloons on the Google map gives the ownership info.

Archived