Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cityboi

Woman Finds Thumb In Salad

6 posts in this topic

Woman Finds Thumb In Salad

POSTED: 7:35 a.m. EST March 5, 2004

UPDATED: 8:09 a.m. EST March 5, 2004

CANTON, Ohio -- The Red Robin Gourmet Burger chain is apologizing for a really bad salad.

A 22-year-old woman had eaten most of her lunch salad at a Red Robin in Jackson Township, Ohio, Tuesday when she put a morsel into her mouth that turned out to be the tip of a human thumb.

An employee chopping lettuce the night before had sliced off part of his left thumb, along with part of the nail.

Video

Company Apologizes For Finger Food

He was rushed to the hospital, but restaurant workers were apparently unable to find the piece of finger.

On Tuesday, that finger and nail ended up on a patron's plate.

The health department says the woman actually consumed part of the fingertip, thinking it was a piece of gristle , TV station WEWS reported.

Red Robin said that other workers, in their haste to get the injured employee to the doctor, overlooked the missing piece.

WEWS went to the restaurant for answers, but the manager would not comment on the incident. The Red Robin Corp. did not put the blame on a specific employee, but admitted that what happened on the food line was wrong.

Red Robin said it actually has a policy for what do to in such cases -- throw out all the food in the area. Instead, the lettuce, and the thumb tip, were put in the cooler and served up in salads the next day.

Red Robin has been cited by the Stark County Health Department for serving adulterated food and not having proper supervision.

All its employees will have to undergo mandatory food handling training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


That's disgusting! I bite my nails so I wonder how many pounds of human flesh I've eaten over the years! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is just gross. Imagine biting down on a thumb when your eating something. I find bugs all the time in tuna cans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuck! That is so disgusting!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The health department says the woman actually consumed part of the fingertip, thinking it was a piece of gristle

:o

I don't know whether to laugh or throw up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.