Who will win the AL Central?

dtown

who'll win the AL Central?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team will take the AL Central?

• Chicago White Sox
    • Detroit Tigers
    • Cleveland Indians
    • Minnesota Twins
    • Kansas City Royals (lol)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm rooting for Jimmy Leyland, although the Pirates were

THISCLOSE

to taking him back (freakin McClatchey still holds grudges), not to mention his kids and wife are all Pittsburghers born and raised, and as a scout for the Cards from 2000-2005 he would scout out the NL Central from a seat in PNC Park (became intimately familiar with the Pirates lineup).

I wish him well in Detroit, afterall he is a NW Ohio boy from years back (though he considers himself a Pittsburgher for the last 2 decades still having his residence here), it is nice to see a man that started with the Tigers organization originally come full circle and take a club over for what could be his last horray.

Plus it would be great to have 2 of the best all-time Baseball managers to have worn Pirates uniforms (the other being Connie Mack). Go Leyland, go Tigers, they deserve it!

Ahh, so my Bravesfan friend, WE MEET AGAIN :lol:

It's been many years and many proxy teams but the ghosts of October '91 and '92 have come back again . . . Pirates man (Leyland) vs. Braves manager admirer. Maybe I should be tracking the AL Central standings more this year. :P

Bream was OUT! :P

Go Tigers, YEEAH!

although they struggled against the good teams as of late, they have a nice little stretch with Tampa Bay here that should help regain their confidence, plus they just gave Toronto two big losses which helps them as well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ahh, so my Bravesfan friend, WE MEET AGAIN :lol:

It's been many years and many proxy teams but the ghosts of October '91 and '92 have come back again . . . Pirates man (Leyland) vs. Braves manager admirer. Maybe I should be tracking the AL Central standings more this year. :P

Bream was OUT! :P

Bream clearly made it under the tag. Bream was safe. It was awsome seeing Van Slyke and Bonds sitting and standing in the outfield, as though they had just been hit over the head with a hammer, given their stunned faces.

Apparently not, the Tigers can still clinch if they and the Twins both lose, but is that really winning the division that way?

However, the Tigers also clinch if they win... here's hopin' they win so they can open up the playoffs against the A's.

Archived