Germantown Plans?

bnaflyer

I was out driving around today admiring all of the many projects underway around town. One stop was Germantown. The changes in that neighborhood over the last 10 years are really unbelievable! The infill development has been very sensitive to the existing neighborhood.

I was interested to see that there are a number of vacant infill lots remaining. Does anyone know of any pending projects or possible projects or plans in Germantown?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my doubts about some of the projects that are on the boards for that area. Signs have been up for a while for some projects but no work. There is also a fine line between German town and Salemtown that someone here can explain the boundary again. I have seen a few zoning appeal signs but no big new announcements for a while. I expect things to change once the State decides to fund the State Museum and the State Library and Archives around the Bicentennial mall area. I dont expect that will happen until Bredesen gets re-elected.

I dont expect that will happen until Bredesen gets re-elected.

Has Bredesen indicated he wants to be mayor again? That's news to me down here in Chattanooga. I asume that would be after he runs for a second term as Governor, and serves that term , if elected.

^ I think he was talking about the state funding the construction of a new Library and Archives and a new State Museum in the north end area of the Bicentennial Park area.

Correct. I was referring to him being reelected Governor as it would be him that puts the request into the state budget.

Speaking of that, I was searching for some information about a new standalone state museum North of downtown and found some references to plans. I was just wondering how far they had gotten. Were architectural renderings done? Is there a specific site they have in mind (i know the general area)? Do we know anything about square footage? Just was wondering, a project like that could really help to spark infill between DT and Germantown (and perhaps make projects such as the failed Harrison Lofts a success in the future although having the Metro jail right there will always be an impediment). If anyone has any more info that would be awesome :D

I was out driving around today admiring all of the many projects underway around town. One stop was Germantown. The changes in that neighborhood over the last 10 years are really unbelievable! The infill development has been very sensitive to the existing neighborhood.

I was interested to see that there are a number of vacant infill lots remaining. Does anyone know of any pending projects or possible projects or plans in Germantown?

I'm in the area from time to time and IVe also took notice to all of the still vacant lots. I'm guessing that whoever owns the lots are sitting on them until someone comes along and gives them an offer they cant refuse. Its obvious the market is still very hot in the area so its a shame to see all those lots just sit there. I do however hope that when they do decide to develope the lots on 5th that they look to build single family homes instead of condos.

Archived