NWA Weather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure loved it....the stronger the better. I guess it is just the storm fanatic in me. :w00t:

:lol: I wonder if anyone else in the metro had any problems. I'm still having problems with my electricity flickering and my internet going in and out.

a tornado touched down outside of west siloam and blew through chicken houses, and then traveled along state line road and then dissipated, i live in tontitown and seeing that wall cloud today was a very ominous thing, we also got 4.2 inches in tontitown in about an hour and a half!

a tornado touched down outside of west siloam and blew through chicken houses, and then traveled along state line road and then dissipated, i live in tontitown and seeing that wall cloud today was a very ominous thing, we also got 4.2 inches in tontitown in about an hour and a half!

Yeah it sounds like most of the damage took place in Oklahoma. But there was a line of very heavy rain.

71B in Springdale under the railroad bridge is closed, it's under 3 feet of water.

Yeah I saw photage of that on KNWA. That is a low spot but I don't ever recall seeing it under like that.

Edensfall, how fast was the wall cloud rotating?

Edensfall, how fast was the wall cloud rotating?

im not quite sure, but it was spinning fast enough to cause dust and debri to circulate up towards the clouds, i didnt see a touch down, but the conditions were more favorable than i thought they would be, honestly, the last time i saw a wall cloud that big was when the twister hit centerton the night i was up on highway 102. i work out at the P.A.M. / PTSI shop in Tontitown, so I saw it right comming from siloam right after the tornado report, but im still not sure how fast it was rotating.

I wish I had noticed this taking place but by the time I noticed the rain was just starting to come down. It all seemed to happen rather quickly.

Here it is a 7:50 AM and still pouring here on Mt Sequoyah in Fayetteville. I checked my rain gages and I am measuring an amazing 4.3 inches. This is since around 5 AM. This puts us at nearly 6 inches since monday. I will post a final total when it stops.

Here it is a 7:50 AM and still pouring here on Mt Sequoyah in Fayetteville. I checked my rain gages and I am measuring an amazing 4.3 inches. This is since around 5 AM. This puts us at nearly 6 inches since monday. I will post a final total when it stops.

Yeah it was pouring down rain for quite a while. I had forgotten my umbrella at work before and I kept waiting for it to diw down a bit. But after I waited a while I gave up and got soaked. Luckily I left as early as I do. Later on I kept hearing people talk about how backed up traffic was because of all the rain and some flooding.

Looks like some areas near the NWA Mall actually recorded 6" of rain this morning. But it looks like it mainly just hit the Fayetteville area. Benton County didn't look like they had received much and even Springdale didn't look like it got a whole lot. Although I would imagine the southern part near the mall would be the exception.

Crossover Road at The Cliffs Apartments looked like a river this morning. We need the rain, but not all in one day!

Yeah hard to believe we didn't even get all of that during the whole day but just in the morning. I think the rain was over by 9 or 10 this morning. Although I'm not sure because I didn't get to look outside that much.

Yeah hard to believe we didn't even get all of that during the whole day but just in the morning. I think the rain was over by 9 or 10 this morning. Although I'm not sure because I didn't get to look outside that much.

Yeah it ended north to south between 8 and 9 this morning. After my 4.2 inch report this morning here on Mt Sequoyah, we ended up with right at 5 inches. That gave us over 6.5 inches since Mondays storm. In nearly 20 years of living in this house, I have never seen so much water rushing through the sloped yard. It was just like a river...amazing!

Yeah that was pretty weird. Especially in the fact that it really seems to drop off for the rest of the metro. After you past southern parts of Springdale the rest of the metro seems to have gotten very little. I can remember at least one other instance over ten years ago when it rained like that and everything seemed like it was a flowing creek. But even the flooding that caused so many problems around Devil's Den a couple of years ago I think was caused more by a longer more steady rain.

Hard to believe it's not even officially fall yet. We didn't even get into the mid 70's today. Certainly feels great compared to a lot of the temps we had not too long ago. While I really like the fall because of the colorful foliage I think fall is perhaps my favorite time of year because I really get to appreicate the cooler temps after the summer heat. :D

Archived