NWA Weather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40's this early is pretty insane. I hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

Sounds great to me... I'm ready to open my windows and save on electricity. I'm predicting an early frost in mid-October and our first heavy snowfall by late November this year. Should be at least 6 inches more snow than last year.

I don't know, just because it turned a bit cool earlier than usual I'm not ready to predict any big snow yet. :D It was a pretty hot year aside from the past couple of weeks.

The last time we had a good snow year was the 02-03 winter season. Fayetteville recorded between 2 and 2.5 feet of snow that year. It was wonderful. Since then we have had around 8 or 10 inches total.. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

:sick:

Good GRIEF! What a collection of storms tonight.

Stormchaser, did you see the beavertail/inflow cloud on the big storm over Carroll County around 6:00 pm? The storm was around Berryville, but the inflow cloud looked like it stretched all the way to the Oklahoma line!

Then the other storms started firing up. Power lines down over Springdale, and one fatality on a lake at Prairie Grove from a lightning strike. :( (LOTS of CG cloud-to-ground strikes and CC cloud-to-cloud lightning tonight.)

I think that "beavertail" storm went on to be tornado warned all the way to 11:00 pm at least over northeastern Arkansas. In my life I've never seen as spectacular cumulonimbus / supercell clouds as I have from spring of this year to tonight.

:sick:

Good GRIEF! What a collection of storms tonight.

Stormchaser, did you see the beavertail/inflow cloud on the big storm over Carroll County around 6:00 pm? The storm was around Berryville, but the inflow cloud looked like it stretched all the way to the Oklahoma line!

Then the other storms started firing up. Power lines down over Springdale, and one fatality on a lake at Prairie Grove from a lightning strike. :( (LOTS of CG cloud-to-ground strikes and CC cloud-to-cloud lightning tonight.)

I think that "beavertail" storm went on to be tornado warned all the way to 11:00 pm at least over northeastern Arkansas. In my life I've never seen as spectacular cumulonimbus / supercell clouds as I have from spring of this year to tonight.

No, as usual I am in the wrong place. I had to be back in Tulsa this weekend, so as soon as the storms started going up I was on my way from Fayetteville to Tulsa. I just had to follow them on radar... :angry:

It is finally starting to storm over here. Usually we get the storms first then they head east but the dryline set up over extreme eastern Oklahoma and set of all this evenings storms in NWA. now it has moved back westward over night and met up w/ the cold front right over Tulsa but nothing too intense at this time.

They've increased the predicted highs today a bit but it still looks to be a cool day. Looks like they're still predicting mid 30's for tomorrow morning. I don't think today will be the coolest day of the year since summer but it does look like tomorrow morning will be the coolest morning so far this fall.

They've increased the predicted highs today a bit but it still looks to be a cool day. Looks like they're still predicting mid 30's for tomorrow morning. I don't think today will be the coolest day of the year since summer but it does look like tomorrow morning will be the coolest morning so far this fall.

There is a chance we might get a little frost tomorrow morning. With temps in the mid-30s that is a very good possibility. But it will be warming back up over the weekend and into next week, back into the mid-80s... :angry:

There is a chance we might get a little frost tomorrow morning. With temps in the mid-30s that is a very good possibility. But it will be warming back up over the weekend and into next week, back into the mid-80s... :angry:

Yeah in a lot of ways I certainly wouldn't mind some cooler temps. Although I guess I can't be too mad at some warmer afternoons. Whatever gives me a better chance to see some great fall foliage.

Speaking of foilage, has anyone started to see some of the leafs turn?

I've had some of my shrubs start to turn, but I haven't seen any reds, oranges, yellows, or browns on the trees.

I actually saw some leaves change weeks ago. I think I mentioned in the coffeeshop topic. I was very surprised to see some that early. But overall I haven't seen a whole lot yet. But it is sorta early for any big changes like that.

We had some breezes this morning and that seemed to help keep temps from dropping quite as cold as was predicted. But it did drop down into the 30's here in Fayetteville. I believe it was 39 when I went to work this morning. Last I looked I saw some upper 80's for next week. Looks like maybe we're going to have summer make a reappearance.

This must be what hell is like.... :angry: The wonderful 30s one day then 3 days later nearly 90! At least I am in Fayetteville today where it is in the 80s. The last 3 or 4 days in Tulsa have been in the low to mid 90s.

I believe that summer has been going on since september of 04. We have been above average almost every month since then. If you remember the summer of 04 was one of the coolest in recent times. The highest temp in Fayetteville that summer was 93 degrees (as compared to 101 the last 2 years). But winter never showed up in 04 either. So I am hoping that we get hit with snow and ice all winter to make up for it... :D

This must be what hell is like.... :angry: The wonderful 30s one day then 3 days later nearly 90! At least I am in Fayetteville today where it is in the 80s. The last 3 or 4 days in Tulsa have been in the low to mid 90s.

I believe that summer has been going on since september of 04. We have been above average almost every month since then. If you remember the summer of 04 was one of the coolest in recent times. The highest temp in Fayetteville that summer was 93 degrees (as compared to 101 the last 2 years). But winter never showed up in 04 either. So I am hoping that we get hit with snow and ice all winter to make up for it... :D

:rofl:

Yeah I remember that summer alright.

Archived