NWA Weather

Stunning video footage from Mayflower of yesterdays huge T at Roland/Mayflower/Vilonia/El Paso (that's looking more and more like an EF-4 or worse) has been provided by our own strmchasr, I believe.  I'd say "congratulations" but this is something I know you wish you had no reason to do. 

(A very sobering reminder that this could have happened in Bentonville in March 2006 had that storm struck at 5:00 pm and not 9:00 pm, and it likely will happen in NWA some day.  One cannot sit around worrying, only praying and being prepared.  Prayers for all affected in Central Arkansas.)

No I was hanging here in NWAR since we had a huge severe threat as well.  I told the tv station that I chase for that I would stay local in case it did get going here.  Pretty bad situation in central Arkansas on Sunday and another horrific day yesterday in Mississippi.  

• 5 months later...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Rod!  Yeah, adding in live tv to all of the other stuff I have to do while chasing makes it even more interesting to say the least.  Still it's not too bad and he helps out the station.  If anyone else wants to watch it and make fun of me you can find it here...

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltext-news/d/story/relying-on-the-sky-can-be-tricky-for-storm-chasers/88675/FZ6GIlyI3EahgJ7RFJH6LA

Archived