Jacksonville P&C Discussion Thread

bobliocatt

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Another article about the Lerner Building from http://downtownthisweek.com

Lerner Building: back in shape

5.png

June ushers in many things: summer weather, family vacations, blushing brides. For the Jacksonville-based developers at Kimmick Corporation, June marks the rebirth of the old Lerner Shops on Adams Street.

The six-story building, constructed in 1911 and originally home to the Southern Drug Company, will undergo major renovations starting next month. At about 6,000 square feet per floor, the building

There's a covered alley facing Adams street on the eastside of the building. I think that will be the new access point for the development. BTW, another Jacksonville forumer on another site, has heard that the potential restaurant will most likely be The Loop, which I think works great with the existing and planned dining options along Adams Street.

The tighter the better. I like the way that stretch of Adams Street is filling up. Hopefully, it will continue with the redevelopment of the block between Julia & Hogan Streets, which would connect the whole stretch with the huge Courthouse and its outdoor plaza space.

I have a question about the Ortega river Club Condiminiums. Where exactly is it located? I believe the map given is pretty inaccurate ,so i'm not able to pinpoint the location. It looks like a great project and i'd like to go check it out. Also, Jacksonville can never have too many Loops.

Having popular local chains like the Mudville Grill, Firehouse Subs, and The Loop along that stretch of Adams will really enhance that area and make it a prime urban destination. Lets not forget that the Carlington project will also have 15,000sf of retail space and that the Jacksonville Bank is moving its headquarters into 100 Laura Street (10 story building next to the Barnett Tower). BTW, the owner of the Ieyasu of Tokyo (coming soon at 113 West Adams), will also open Shogun, another Japanese restauarant, on the ground floor of 100 Laura Street in time for the Super Bowl.

:D

Hello everyone!

I was in Skyscrapercity.com and found a link to here. Some of the same members, at least Lakelander, and some of the same threads, but with more posts. Is there any other chat room I need to know about? Wish I had known about this one sooner.

Pics are great Lakelander. You always do a great job. BTW, did you see the Daily Record article about River City Brewing? It appears they are being approached about a multi-use project on their site. I posted in Skyscrapercity awhile back that I thought their parking lot would be a great site for residential/mixed use, along with the MOSH site. The city owns the land and leases to them. It will be interesting to see if River City will offer to pay what the land is worth.

One of the other skyscrapercity members thought the new "downtown overlay" would prevent anything from blocking the views that the Two Prudential building had. It would seem to be the same in this case.

Anyway, look forward to visiting this site often, and adding my own posts.

Its great to see you join the forum, here. I post more Jax info on this site, than skyscrapercity, because there are more active Jax forumers here. I saw the River City article, but I didn't get a chance to read it. I'll have to post it here. I look forward to the future dicussions and expertise you will bring to the forum.

Dyal owners want City $$

4.png

With some City assistance, an art gallery could open on the second floor of the Dyal-Upchurch building within a year.

by J. Brooks Terry

Staff Writer

Owners of the Dyal-Upchurch building on Bay Street are asking for nearly $150,000 in City-issued loans and grants. The money, they said, will go towards renovating approximately 7,000 square feet on the building

Another Bar for downtown!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Jacksonville Daily Record:

"A new blues club is being planned for the top floor of the Amsterdam Sky Cafe. There are hopes that an October opening will have it established by the time the Super Bowl comes to town."

Archived