Berlin - Reichstag + Brandenburg Gate

hkskyline

The Reichstag is the seat of the German federal government. In the 1990s, Sir Norman Foster did a reconstruction and extension project for the building, adding a dome and renovating the interiors. The building is open to the public. However, with only 1 elevator to the dome, there was about a 30 minute wait outside on a sunny afternoon.

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

The dome features a huge column in the middle with a ramp going to the top along the edges. Unfortunately, it was very hard to take pictures due to the angle of the glass and the glare.

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

RIMG0033.jpg

RIMG0021.jpg

There is an open deck just outside the dome that offers a panoramic view of the city. However, it is not high enough to give a very good vantage point. But then, I have been up a number of viewpoints in both the west and east already.

RIMG0008.jpg

RIMG0004.jpg

RIMG0009.jpg

RIMG0015.jpg

RIMG0022.jpg

RIMG0018.jpg

Brandenburg Gate is located a short walk away.

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

Berlin photo gallery

http://www.globalphotos.org/berlin.htm

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very flattering pics of Berlin! I loved this one:

IMG_2292.jpg.

It is sad that Frankfurt and Bonn seem to get more headlines overhere in the states, Berlin is defintely a great city with lots of beautiful sights to see.

Again great pics! I never made it into the Reichstag Dome, the lines the time I was in that part of the city with time where always too long, so it is great to see some pics from inside the dome, but more importantly to me to see the views from the top of the Reichstag. Those views are superb from up there!

Archived