Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rwarky

Triad parks...What are your favorites?

10 posts in this topic

What are your favorite parks in the Triad? Post pics if you have them.

i think my favorite is guilford courthouse national military park. and country park is right next to it, so i like going to the bark park there and feeding the ducks and geese at the pond. i also like the bicentennial garden and the bog garden. these are all in greensboro.

It's a playground, but I've always liked Lake Daniel Park. I wish they didn't replace the equipment awhile back.

My favorites are both the Guilford County and Alamance County Lake Mackintosh Parks, City Park in Burlington (gotta love the rides), and I think that the new NE park in Gibsonville has a lot of potential. I also enjoy the Bicentinial park off Cornwallis and Hobbs in Greensboro. All enjoyed for different reasons.

If I had to choose just one though, it would be the Alamance County Lake Mackintosh Park.

1) Burlington City Park--I agree with ILoveCallingNCHome about the rides..etc

2) Hagan Stone Park in Guilford County

3) Cedar Rock Park in Southern Alamance

I like the Guilford Courthouse Military park, and Country park. I have fond memories of these parks and the Natural Sceince Center from my childhood (school field trips, family, and church outings).

Tanglewood Park in Clemmons

I have to give my vote for Tanglewood as well... followed by Hanes Park near downtown Winston.

Tanglewood is the best all-around park. Hanes Park is great because of its proximity to the center of the city and its 20+ clay tennis courts are great. Also, Grace Court Park in West End is charming.