Blues on the Mall

Beavis

Since I can't make it this week (my pards the Panning family are playing out west), someone eat some tabouli & hummous for me.

And someone who's not attending, set your clock for about 7 pm. Then please visit this site:

http://www.pepperconstruction.com/pepper_c...b_cam_gram.html

and snap a pic of all the folks out on RPC having a swell time!

TIA

There you go Veloise:

177317678_7d30814029_o.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful night for Blues on the Mall...Jimmy Dillon is just so Fluid!

The only thing that ruined it for me was being with two very

drunk friends - I quickly took away the keys and became the

DD - at least I got home safely, hope they did the same. Really,

really, dislike being around drunk people. For me, it's all about

the music and Jimmy Dillon and band did not disappoint. Catch

them when you can.

There you go Veloise:

Aw, thanks Rizzo! I forgot about sun flare!

Here are mine from last week...

100_2425.jpg

Blues on the Mall

100_2423.jpg

Brown on the Mall

100_2431.jpg

C'mon, pal! We have some standards to maintain down here!

100_2426.jpg

Duster kids, raising the bar on that dress code thang.

100_2427.jpg

50 people playing "hit it."

100_2428.jpg

Let's dance!

blues8gf.jpg

I had to laugh when I saw this picture.

I have to say I was a little disapointed with last night's show. Although Dillon's a fine entertainer it was pretty apparent that he was a rock and roll act with some blues overtones.

I thought Kenny Neil and Larry McCray were better blues acts. I still had a good time, it just wasn't what I was expecting.

I had to laugh when I saw this picture.

I have to say I was a little disapointed with last night's show. Although Dillon's a fine entertainer it was pretty apparent that he was a rock and roll act with some blues overtones.

I thought Kenny Neil and Larry McCray were better blues acts. I still had a good time, it just wasn't what I was expecting.

I agree. It was good stuff, but not blues in the traditional sense.

Dillon is appearing at Schuler Books on 28th Street Friday night. I assume that will be accoustic.

It takes a lot of work to make the skinny part of your tie longer than the fat part. :rofl:

100_2431.jpg

Sorry, whoever you are, just couldn't help myself.

As I was leaving (to go ride laps around the big block with the Pedal Posse), I saw...three guys IN SUITS. Not fast enough with the camera, dammit!

As I was leaving (to go ride laps around the big block with the Pedal Posse), I saw...three guys IN SUITS. Not fast enough with the camera, dammit!

I saw those same three guys that night and as i turned to look at them one happend to readjust himself right in front of me. Not something you expect to see a well dressed guy in a suit do, atleast in a crowd of hundreds..

I saw those same three guys that night and as i turned to look at them one happend to readjust himself right in front of me. Not something you expect to see a well dressed guy in a suit do, atleast in a crowd of hundreds..

What I am always amazed with is the "alternative" crowd that comes to hang out at BOTM.

Last night I saw a young lad of about 18 years of age being led around on a leash carying a pink poodle purse.

Somehow that screams........"Look at me, Look at me, I didn't get enough attention as a child"

You'd think they'd notice, by their second week, that this is not a business suit sort of event.

Guess attention deficit disorder comes in lots of flavors.

Hey, now, a group of menopausal, middle-aged women who have

picked up a few pounds over the years, dancing to the music of a

71-year-old woman singing the blues - now that just seems appropriate to me!

And beautiful in its own way - not the beauty associated with youth, but

the beauty that comes with knowledge, experience, and survival!

Dancing Queens, I applaud you. :thumbsup:

I add my applause - beauty does not need to be our distorted media definition.

Hey, now, a group of menopausal, middle-aged women who have

picked up a few pounds over the years, dancing to the music of a

71-year-old woman singing the blues - now that just seems appropriate to me!

And beautiful in its own way - not the beauty associated with youth, but

the beauty that comes with knowledge, experience, and survival!

Dancing Queens, I applaud you. :thumbsup:

I add my applause. Beauty should not be defined by fashion magazines.

It takes a lot of work to make the skinny part of your tie longer than the fat part. :rofl:

100_2431.jpg

Sorry, whoever you are, just couldn't help myself.

I thought that looked difficult, first time I've seen it done - never having actually tied one - I'm tie illiterate.

That is unacceptable. You know if I were in a situation where I had to "readjust" myself, I would grab to the side of the waist band around my boxers and also the belt and waist of my pants then pull up and down. This would appear as I am adjusting my pants in general when in fact I am letting my stuff fall down. Real men let gravity do the work.

That is unacceptable. You know if I were in a situation where I had to "readjust" myself, I would grab to the side of the waist band around my boxers and also the belt and waist of my pants then pull up and down. This would appear as I am adjusting my pants in general when in fact I am letting my stuff fall down. Real men let gravity do the work.

This whole adjusting yourself discussion is too much! :rofl: Hey, if you're "out of whack", you're "out of whack"! Whether you're in a suit or cargo shorts. Now there are more discreet ways of doing it, but pretty much everyone knows what you're doing.

Maybe these guys came over after work? It does start at 6:00, doesn't it? Are you guys Armani discriminators (probably more like Men's Warehouse)?

Maybe these guys came over after work? It does start at 6:00, doesn't it? Are you guys Armani discriminators (probably more like Men's Warehouse)?

The suited dudes were pretty buttoned up. Green Shirt (cited here) has his tie knotted all the way up, and long sleeves neatly buttoned.

There are ways to make the Corporate Un-casual look appear more easy-going. Those tie deal things will fit in yer pocket!

[now there's a straight line...swing away!]

The suited dudes were pretty buttoned up. Green Shirt (cited here) has his tie knotted all the way up, and long sleeves neatly buttoned.

There are ways to make the Corporate Un-casual look appear more easy-going. Those tie deal things will fit in yer pocket!

[now there's a straight line...swing away!]

True true. As soon as I get a chance (usually before I get in my car) the tie comes off, especially in the Summer.

What I am always amazed with is the "alternative" crowd that comes to hang out at BOTM.

Last night I saw a young lad of about 18 years of age being led around on a leash carying a pink poodle purse.

Somehow that screams........"Look at me, Look at me, I didn't get enough attention as a child"

As the father of three daughters, if I ever saw a guy leading my daughter around on a leash I'd personally "readjust" him with the collar and drag him around for a while.

I was considered fairly radical for much of my life, so I really do understand the fringe crowd at BOTM and appreciate their nonconformity. But a guy should never treat a woman with such disrespect and it breaks my heart that there are girls that feel a need to allow such treatment. :cry:

As the father of three daughters, if I ever saw a guy leading my daughter around on a leash I'd personally "readjust" him with the collar and drag him around for a while.

I was considered fairly radical for much of my life, so I really do understand the fringe crowd at BOTM and appreciate their nonconformity. But a guy should never treat a woman with such disrespect and it breaks my heart that there are girls that feel a need to allow such treatment. :cry:

I think it was a "lad" (as in boy) being led around with a pink purse. A girl would be a "lass", wouldn't she? :lol:

Like it matters, both are very strange.

That's so high school. I remember a fringe group back in HS that would shock just to shock. She must be abused (it's sad that she feels like she has to be a beotch) she feels the blues. That's the only way you can appreciate the blues; by being blue. :sad:

Archived