Blues on the Mall

Beavis

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WLAV.com has the schedule for Blues on the Mall. Last night was supposed to be Ana Popovic. I didn't go downtown tho' so can't speak to if the show went on . . . .

Thanks. You'd think that living right down the street, I would know these things. Alas, I am captive to my studies. Still, I usually hear the music even when I'm inside.

Don't they have Blues on the Mall anymore? I didn't hear anything yesterday. Music-wise.

Wowie, I don't know how you couldn't have heard her. I came downtown for the second set and the amps were cranked up so high it was giving us all a headache.

She was ok, again more of a rock act but entertaining none the less.

Jimbo Mathus is supposed to play next week. I hear he's got a delta blues sound.

Wowie, I don't know how you couldn't have heard her. I came downtown for the second set and the amps were cranked up so high it was giving us all a headache.

Jimbo Mathus is supposed to play next week. I hear he's got a delta blues sound.

Uh, I just remembered the reason I couldn't hear her. I was doing laundry. The dryer is a bit loud.

Duh!

:blink:

...and I can say that was the very first time I've ever seen someone rock the wah pedal in stilettos!

It was fun when she invited a couple people from the audience to play on stage. There's more talent in stands than on the field. ;)

No kidding. When I read Budgie's quote I laughed, because we could hear the wailing all the way over at BITE. It really echoes around Ledyard and the Trust Building. I hope it sounded better near the stage. :huh:

No kidding. When I read Budgie's quote I laughed, because we could hear the wailing all the way over at BITE. It really echoes around Ledyard and the Trust Building. I hope it sounded better near the stage. :huh:

I know, I know. I am such a looooooooser. A slave to my studies. My laundry. My cats. My... my... oh, my.

:(

Last night I went to the Common Ground Music Festival in Lansing to see Etta James. Fantastic concert by one of the greatest performers of all time. While waiting for Etta to begin I saw this great sign near the stage. It was a little unnecessary for Etta's fans... :D

191019176_a5eb54d82e.jpg

Last night I went to the Common Ground Music Festival in Lansing to see Etta James. Fantastic concert by one of the greatest performers of all time. While waiting for Etta to begin I saw this great sign near the stage. It was a little unnecessary for Etta's fans... :D

191019176_a5eb54d82e.jpg

Great sign! I'll borrow it for my square dance gigs!

Archived