Blues on the Mall

Beavis

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They give a start date but don't say how long these performances go... does anybody know approximately when these will end? I have obligations until 7:45 every Wednesday, but would like to make it to one of them.

They quit at 9 or 9:30 PM out of respect for quiet hour at the Amway Grand. The music is generally better in the second set anyway.

They quit at 9 or 9:30 PM out of respect for quiet hour at the Amway Grand. The music is generally better in the second set anyway.

9:30 quitting time? When I was a "wee lad" and had more of a nighlife, we didn't even leave the house until 10:00P.

A few pics from tonight: something for everyone!

blues-15.jpg

Here's the best way to get there

blues-1.jpg

men in uniform...

blues-11.jpg

Learn some new dance moves...

blues-5.jpgblues-6.jpg

Add a few rows, or wear a new tattoo home...

blues-9.jpg

Meet some new friends...

blues-8.jpgblues-7.jpg

Show off your new 'do...

blues-10.jpgblues-13.jpg

[he thought I was shooting the bikes]

Show off your new motorcycle...

blues-17.jpg

show off your classic bicycle...

blues-18.jpg

practice your hacky sack...

blues-14.jpg

take a steam bath...

blues-4.jpg

and admire the scenery!

blues-12.jpg

(Not shown: motocycle drag races on Monroe!)

A few pics from tonight: something for everyone!

(Not shown: motocycle drag races on Monroe!)

Great pictures Veloise. It was a good show last night and the crowd was great. It has to be quite a show as all the cycles leave The Bob area. We left after the first intermission so we didn't get to see the drag races, haha. 100's of cycles there, very cool.

It has to be quite a show as all the cycles leave The Bob area.... 100's of cycles there, very cool.

I got to experience the "races" as all the bikers started to leave...we were walking along Monroe toward Cambridge House! What a great sight and sound! I love the way the harley's rumble echoes through the city! I so need to get a bike!

BTW - the Blues were great too! Got some food from Olive Express and just sat outside and enjoyed the show! Anyone who hasn't had the chance to check out in summer's past - make a point of getting downtown at least once this summer!

I spy Mayor George Heartwell and his wife behind the bluemen...

Was wandering around and noticed that this one fellow looked a lot like hizzoner, but he was in profile and I couldn't be sure. I think he got on the elevator with me once at city hall. (Now Harry D., you can't mistake him for anyone else.)

As a former resident of SE Mich and former employee of the two largest cities in the state, I think it is really cool to live here and rub elbows with the highest-ranking city official at a casual event. The fire guys are not his bodyguards, they were just hanging out, too.

One last blues event for the week - Koko Taylor, the 77-year old queen of the blues, at Meijer Gardens.

Lawn chairs, picnic baskets, a glass of wine and the blues. A great show at a great venue on a beautiful night.

168076220_94d01dedbe_o.jpg

Get down wit your bad self Sista! Looks like fun. I have yet to see a show there.

Is that dancing or a workout class at Curves?

Hey, now, a group of menopausal, middle-aged women who have

picked up a few pounds over the years, dancing to the music of a

71-year-old woman singing the blues - now that just seems appropriate to me!

And beautiful in its own way - not the beauty associated with youth, but

the beauty that comes with knowledge, experience, and survival!

Dancing Queens, I applaud you. :thumbsup:

Hey, now, a group of menopausal, middle-aged women who have

picked up a few pounds over the years, dancing to the music of a

71-year-old woman singing the blues - now that just seems appropriate to me!

And beautiful in its own way - not the beauty associated with youth, but

the beauty that comes with knowledge, experience, and survival!

Dancing Queens, I applaud you. :thumbsup:

I see only two gents boogieing along. The one in the white shorts would appear to have White Man's Dancing Syndrome.

Mebbe fellas just don't get da blues!

• 2 weeks later...

Since I can't make it this week (my pards the Panning family are playing out west), someone eat some tabouli & hummous for me.

And someone who's not attending, set your clock for about 7 pm. Then please visit this site:

http://www.pepperconstruction.com/pepper_c...b_cam_gram.html

and snap a pic of all the folks out on RPC having a swell time!

TIA

Was wandering around and noticed that this one fellow looked a lot like hizzoner, but he was in profile and I couldn't be sure. I think he got on the elevator with me once at city hall. (Now Harry D., you can't mistake him for anyone else.)

As a former resident of SE Mich and former employee of the two largest cities in the state, I think it is really cool to live here and rub elbows with the highest-ranking city official at a casual event. The fire guys are not his bodyguards, they were just hanging out, too.

I was also very impressed - was just able to walk up and shake Heartwell's hand. I've always been very impressed with his efforts working with our street people even before he was mayor and told him so. We also talked about Heritage Hill for about 15 minutes as we're both residents and enthusiastic historians. He was very personable and it was great to see him out and about enjoying a night of Blues just like everyone else. We're so incredibly fortunate to have Blues on the Mall every summer - it's a GR treasure.

Archived