Another world first for Pittsburgh sports

PghUSA

No link really needed, we are all getting pummeled with data coming in from Mercy Hospital Pittsburgh following the helmetless motorcycle accident this morning on Pittsburgh's 10th Street Bridge right outside of downtown (to the southside).

My question is how will this affect the upcoming season (summer camps to start any week now), and the chances that any dynasty for the late 2000's would be put in doubt. This would only be akin to Joe Theisman breaking his leg in the season after the Redskins won and then lost a Superbowl. The Redskins somehow put together two additional Superbowl runs over the next 8 seasons, but could the same be said for the Steelers?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting addition to the thread about Ben Roethlisberger and the NFL 2006 season Inkdaub . . . stellar analysis :lol:

Yeah I have heard about him bragging about it, the way I see it he can be macho when he's 38, right now he has to play Steeler football!

Interesting addition to the thread about Ben Roethlisberger and the NFL 2006 season Inkdaub . . . stellar analysis :lol:

Yeah I have heard about him bragging about it, the way I see it he can be macho when he's 38, right now he has to play Steeler football!

I'm a Seahawk fan. I'm doing my best.

Seriously, though, Ben seems a good guy and I hope he comes back good as new. The league needs guys like him in it.

Inkdaub, you can come over to the "dark side" (homage to how many opposing fans likened the Steelers dynasty to the contemporary Star Wars Empire of Darth Vader in the 70's :lol:) anytime you want, we'll be glad to make you an honorary member of the "Steelers Nation" :P.

Facilities, good point, my first concern was any brain damage and then the legs, looks like Ben will have that Johnny U mug now and put his teen idol days behind him :P

I heard he lost most of his teeth and severly injured both of his knees. It doesn't look like he'll be back this year, if ever.

Too bad for the Steeler Nation.

It sounds like it's a pretty severe facial injury. He went face first into the windshield of a car, multiple missing and broken teeth, a broken jaw, etc... Original reports on Ben's knees were incorrect and they supposedly just have bad scraps and scratches.

Facilities, good point, my first concern was any brain damage and then the legs, looks like Ben will have that Johnny U mug now and put his teen idol days behind him :P

I thought Ben had more of a blue collar look than a pretty boy look anyway. It'll add some character to his appearance. He'll be ok. What's going to hurt him the most is he's going to be way behind when the season starts. He's not going to be eating very well for a while. He's going to loose size and strength.

Yeah Ben was never pretty or fragile looking so scars will most likely add to his allure...such as it is.

The knees are scary part for the Steelers. The reports are that the damage is relatively minor...but those knee injuries are never good. Still I think he'll be okay.

I bet the Steeler fans messed themselves when this news hit the wire though. As I mentioned my team is Seattle and a about a week ago a report hit the website that Hasselbeck was walking around on crutches. Oh boy...I almost threw up. Granted if anything were seriously wrong it would have hit the news up here in NW but still...A motorcycle accident would have dropped me in my tracks.

PGH, I love Pittsburgh and always will but join the Steeler Nation is something I can never do. I will, however, look forward to Ben being on the field and off his bike in the upcoming season.

I think he's going from Sly Stallone to Frankenstien, so it might impact things just a big . . . then again he might WANT to hide that mug behind a helmet from now on :lol:

I thought he wouldn't be sidelined for that long . . . broken jaw?! man oh man.

Archived