Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDawgboy

90 Rainy!?

6 posts in this topic

Hey Eastsider, do you know anything about this project?

http://www.90rainey.com/

Its supposed to go up across from the Milago. Im thinking that is the lot I mentioned about 2 weeks ago that had all the trees marked to be cut down. It really dosn't have any info though. Not sure when the site was made. And yes I relize I made a spelling mistake on Rainey on the title of the thread but I dont know how to change it.

No, this is news to me. I'm very interested to find out more about it though. I wonder who owns that property?

In order to correct the thread title, click edit tab at the bottom of the first post and then do the full edit. The original screen will come up and you will be able to make changes.

Thanks for helping me out. Yea I am interested as well. There have been rumors the past 2 months or so about a possible 30 story building going up in the waterfront district and Im wondering if this might be it? We shall see i guess sooner or later.

I am hearing this will be a high end project. Unknown weather it will be a tower or not.

Small blurb about 90 Rainey in this weeks Austin Chronicle. The demolition permit for the old house on the property has been passed and it mentions the developer (still unnamed) is planning a high-rise mixed-use project.

Austin Chronicle

Came across this article dated July 5th.

Developers plan to build a 35,000-square-foot mixed-use complex on the 8000-square-foot plot of land. The building will have 15 residencies, a ground floor restaurant and an underground bar.

So it sounds like it will roughly be about 5-stories. Construction is planned to begin in November and be complete next summer.

The Daily Texan: Paving the way for change