Urbanplanet gets some love from The Charlotte Observer!

voyager12

:shok: Well you can knock me over with a feather :w00t: UP was credited for an early picture of Wachovia's new tower in a major story in the Observer today. "The bank said it plans to unveil official renderings of the office tower this summer, but some uptown watchers are buzzing about a sketch posted on a Web site devoted to urban development, www.urbanplanet.org. It shows an angular, blue-tinted glass building soaring above a companion condo tower." And Observer Reader Comments:

"It's not surprising that UrbanPlanet had the scoop. Kudos to Norm" and "Thanks Urbanplanet" So, who is Norm?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, now that the Observer has "scooped" everyone else by reading UP (hi Doug!), maybe Wachovia will release the renderings and make the project public.

In a way I feel kind of bad for them, they are wanting to make a big splash and probably wanted to wait until the arts projects were finalized before making the announcement.

Our impatience spoiled it for them.

Maybe they'll want to prove us wrong and put a 200 foot spire on it or something...

All those Wachovia people who got to work today, read Charlotte.com, then tried to link to UP to see the rendering were rejected.....Wachovia's own employees will be the last to see their new tower.

Edit. Can anyone else imagine Kenny T up there clicking on his mouse, demanding his assistant get someone from IT on the phone.

I've noticed, but not surprised, that a couple of other websites have taken the rendering that was first posted here and have claimed it as their own. Despite that, it is nice to see the Observer recognizes that UrbanPlanet is where the relevant discussions are taking place about urban development in Charlotte. My thanks to Rick Rothacker for giving us the nod.

Haha, censorship firewalls are a double edged sword. I think Wachovia should do like BofA and let the poor peeps look at UP.

They actually have the sketch on Charlotte.com now. It wasn't there when I checked earlier this morning, but it's there now.

Haha, Our rendering has shown up on Channel 18's Fox News @ 10. A beaming Brien Blakley announced that Wachovia is going to build this tower, its going to be 46 stories, and it would be as tall as the Hearst Tower. They said it as fact. I always believed this news channel was fairly lacking in the depth of its reporting, but this sure drops them to a new low. Oh and they didn't give credit to anyone for the story. :shades:

Well, this was a pretty good scoop here on UrbanPlanet. Based on some questions we have gotten, we may all see it again. :lol:

Remember you saw it here first.

163676979_34e0c79299_o.jpg

They showed it on Fox News WCCB a few mins ago.. there was no credit given to UP!

edit: I see you've beat me to it metro haha

I am still alive haha, jsut kinda um.....shocked by everything I guess. Today was a big day for me news wise. Besides I guess I a kind fo trying to also keep a low profile at this point haha. Why do I almost feel like i am almost in the middle of a monica scanal or something? haha. But on a serious note I did not epect for ti to take off like it has.....for the Observor to actually write an article on it and to post the crappy lil pic I took on their website. AND to top it all off FOX 18 airing it of all things, jeez! But yea im still around.....for now lol.

Archived