The Weather Channel

Miesian Corners

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Celebrity Weather", a segment on the Weather Channel...in this case with the former NBA player John Salley. Essentially, they had Salley paired with Jim Cantore delivering a weather forecast for Atlanta. Next came a small segment with Salley in a supposed hurricane. I know that Cantore likes to show off, but this was really scraping the bottom of the rain barrel.

"Celebrity Weather", a segment on the Weather Channel...in this case with the former NBA player John Salley. Essentially, they had Salley paired with Jim Cantore delivering a weather forecast for Atlanta. Next came a small segment with Salley in a supposed hurricane. I know that Cantore likes to show off, but this was really scraping the bottom of the rain barrel.

:lol:

I've never seen the "Celebrity Weather" segment, but it sounds... uhh... interesting. :unsure:

Sounds like that particular episode was pretty-much the cheesiest of all.

^ So true. Vivian Brown is the worst in terms of being obsessed with ATL. On one particular day, there were flooding, tornadoes, hail and wind storms all over the mid Atlantic and here's what Vivian said: "You've got some heavy rain there in central Virginia, and a tornado has reportedly touched down in Louden County, but its beautiful in Atlanta. Why not head down to Piedmont Park for a picnic, or go for a hike at Stone Mountain. There's a big sale at Lennox Square. Enjoy the day! High of 78 in Marrietta today. Take advantage of the beautiful weather in the Atlanta area!"

Maybe they should be rebranded as "The Atlanta Weather Channel"

:rofl:

Rich Johnson always talks about the Mid-Atlantic area, particularly Baltimore.

:rofl:

Rich Johnson always talks about the Mid-Atlantic area, particularly Baltimore.

He is ready to head down to Aocean City, hun. He also loves to see the Ao's play at Camden.

To Tom's statement, I was completely unaware of Celebrity Weather. Puhleeze! It seems that Jim Cantore's head is already so big that he'd be jealous of sharing the limelight.

HeadOn! Apply directly to the forehead!

HEADON! Available at Walgreens!

Is it me or is this commercial yelling at me?

And they play it too much.

^ Lol, I can't stand that one. It's almost as bad as "stress raises cortisol, cortisol increases belly fat, relacore helps reduce cortisol, YOU NEED RELACORE!" (repeat, repeat). I guess that's the point though, make an annoying commercial and everyone will remember it...

• 3 months later...

HEADON! Available at Walgreens!

Is it me or is this commercial yelling at me?

And they play it too much.

Maybe they could start a "Cooking With Weather" - a sort-of Iron Chefs kinda thing...

Bowling and Weather, Art Films and Weather (all forecasts shot on film, in widescreen, with subtitles, and an optional Criterion-style commentary track), Oliver Stone conspiracy re-interpretations of things like Hurricane Andrew or the 1974 Super Tornado Outbreak...really, the possibilities are endless.

Archived