South Carolina College Sports

jfl25

Clemson will open the next football season on Labor Day with Florida State on national television on ESPN. It should be interesting hosting a Monday game. Unfortunately I won't be around for it. I'll be studying at Clemson's Italy campus! :(

Genova, yes? A friend of mine did that program, and she loved it. You will have a great time!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clemson will open the next football season on Labor Day with Florida State on national television on ESPN. It should be interesting hosting a Monday game. Unfortunately I won't be around for it. I'll be studying at Clemson's Italy campus! :(

Hehe.. Ill be there with an automatic good seat!!

You mean Clemson sends you to Europe just to find out how to say 'cow' in Italian?

Well, it's 'mucca'. Sorry if I blew it for you. :) (better a Clemson fan make a lame joke about Clemson than a USC fan;))

Wow, Winthrop's opponents really hate our guts, LOL.

Here's an article about the growing popularity of our men's basketball team. Seems as though it's getting harder and harder to come by tickets--which reminds me, I need to go ahead and purchase tickets for Saturday's game against our arch-rival, Coastal.

Every body hates a winner. I did some work for the previous administration of Winthrop ball before Marshall. Couldn't give away tickets then.

Even though Clemson just lost to Duke, it was only by 2 points and Clemson played very, very well. This is the best I think I have ever seen Clemson play against Duke and if they play like this in the playoffs, they will definitely go far. :)

That was one hell of a finish. I'm proud of my tigers for playing that well at Cameron. :) That game should give us confidence.

Seems to me that Clemson should just accept the loss and move on. I think its impressive that the game came that close. There is alot of talent this year, and its obvious that Clemson will go far.

That is probably what they will end up doing. However, the truth is that the ACC admitted the mistake, giving reason enough for the school to press the organization for answers.

Seems to me that Clemson should just accept the loss and move on. I think its impressive that the game came that close. There is alot of talent this year, and its obvious that Clemson will go far.

The team has. I just saw a few players who I know and they said that they should have capitalized on their chances when they had them. I'm impressed with their down to earth attitude and ability to move on. GO TIGERS! :yahoo:

Glad to hear it. I certainly hope that this was a legitimate mistake rather than a Duke bias. Many Carolina fans suspect that there is an anti-USC bias in the SEC refs and such, but there is no hard evidence. I want to believe that things like this are human error and nothing more, but you can't escape the fact that there is a chance of someone wanting to change the outcome of a game.

Still dissapointed that Clemson has yet to beat a ranked team, starting today though - Clemson has a row of beatable teams. Clemson should win most of them then the regular season ends with another chance at Duke along with 2 other tough teams that should be ranked at that point. I'm happy with Clemson being ranked, but if the team wants to earn the respect of being a top NCAA team, it has to beat those teams.

Then all the rules are thrown out & post-season begins :)

We had way too big of a lead to lose that game. :angry:

I don't think Clemson has lost momentum though. It's the ACC. You're going to lose games and 4 loses isn't bad. Especially considering two were against Duke and UNC. We shall definitely see though. Hopefully they don't follow example that was left by our football team. :ph34r: haha

I still think Clemson will make it into the NCAA tournemant, but I get the feeling in typical Clemson tradition - they're chocking. Starting off great & building a big ego (just like the football season last year) & then facing some adversity, then completely collapsing.

But - gvillesc is right, there are still a good number of ACC games left & in college basketball - you never know what will happen.

Archived