Open mic, stage, floor at RPC

Veloise

Tonight I rode past at 10:15 and found dozens of people there. The furniture is set up like a cocktail lounge. Someone's truck was blasting Benny Goodman, and several couples were swing dancing. A good time in the twilight!

[Jay from Parks, are you on here? Let's turn the lights on and sell someone a permit, make it official. I'll talk to the folk society, see if they want to move their swing dances DT.]

And a couple weeks ago I caught these kids at their audition:

100_2156.jpg

Really cool to have this public space that's there and available and utilized in this manner.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what it would take for somebody like me to be able to officially use that space... if it's feasible maybe I could secure it towards the end of summer or early next year.. :shrug:

SPECIAL EVENTS

The City of Grand Rapids has made changes in the way the City handles Special Events. We are pleased to announce that a new Office of Special Events has been opened. The new Office of Special Events is located on the first floor of the Police Building at 1 Monroe Center. Questions related to Special Events at any City parks, festivals, parades, etc. should now be reffered to this office at 456-FEST (3378). Please contact the new office with any questions you might have on upcoming Special Events!

[found on ci.grand-rapids.mi.us]

I wonder what it would take for somebody like me to be able to officially use that space... if it's feasible maybe I could secure it towards the end of summer or early next year.. :shrug:

Start an Electronic Music Festival downtown at Rosa Parks Circle tSlater, like other cities have.

Archived