Boise Head count

MJLO

Boise Forumers show yourselves!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Boise Forumer, or UP Explorer

• I am a Forumer from Boise
    • I'm an Urbanplaneteer, here to learn more about Boise

Ok here we go,

I was wondering how many people in this forum are from Boise. I was also wondering who else payed attention to this subforum. Of all the cities in the west, I think Boise has some of the most potential to grow. All the new developments. All the growth. I think we can make more people interested. Anyway vote in my poll, It will make me have better self esteem. If you're from Boise, tell a little about yourself.

If you're a lurker from Boise who comes on here and reads posts, but hasn't created an account get off your tukus and join the debate! The forum is free for goodness sake.

I am MJLO, I am from Grand Rapids MI. I live in Phoenix and am the moderator for the west. I encourage the Boise forumers to check out the Grand Rapids subforum. It's a city of like size, with alot of good things happening. I think with a little work we can get some traffic like that going around here! Tell me what you guys what in your forum and I'll do whatever I can to help.

thanks Matt.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ya, there are actually three of us, but i am still posting with the hope that some more people will come here. I had monsoon create this subforum with the hope that more people would see it, and 3 have joined since then, but don't post very often

ya, there are actually three of us, but i am still posting with the hope that some more people will come here. I had monsoon create this subforum with the hope that more people would see it, and 3 have joined since then, but don't post very often

Boisefan I am here to help. I have been interested in Boise and Idaho for a while. That and I tend to generate conversation because I never get tired of hearing myself talk :)

• 1 month later...

I haven't posted for quite some time but am very interested in Boise. I currently live in Scottsdale, AZ but have been making more frequent trips to ID. Next one is 8/21. I am working towards securing some sites for new, infill, residential sites. I'll start checking more often and make some new posts after my next trip.

I'm guilty of not posting more often. It has been very quiet in Boise this summer, so there hasn't been all that much to talk about.

--Still no updates on the soon-to-be redesigned Boise Tower.

--Nothing new with The Aspen. A groundbreaking date has yet to be announced.

--Ditto with The Metropolitan.

--The groundbreaking date for The Jefferson has come and gone, with no dirt being turned.

--The Idaho Independant Bank building (6 floors) is under construction and making good progress.

--The Nine-Sixteen Park proposal (12 story condo) was killed by NIMBY's.

--Saint Alphonsus' new 9 story tower is nearing completion.

--Still much wrangling over where to build a new convention center.

--No public announcement concerning the Capitol Plaza project (see thread in this subforum) has been made.

Maybe one of the other Boise posters has more news concerning these and other projects.

• 1 month later...

hey guys im from boise well sort of my name is mike and i moved to boise in 1995 when i turned 10, i actually just got to this forum looking for the new updates for the city as far as high rise buildings go, im hoping that more companies will start moving here as well since it is a pretty cheap city and low crime rate i would really liek to see boise go up and not sprawl like everywhere else.

Archived