Harrison Square II approved

smeagolsfree

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harrison I seems to be a quality product. I toured it while under construction and the buildings looked very solid. My only complaint is that they were only two stories, three would have made a nicer presence. But now, with the 4-story Phase II, I think they're on the right track. This is good. It's nice to see development happening after the disappointments following the cancelling of Harrison Lofts. Frankly, I'd like to see this entire area filled with low rise residential and commercial buildings.

Harrison I seems to be a quality product. I toured it while under construction and the buildings looked very solid. My only complaint is that they were only two stories, three would have made a nicer presence. But now, with the 4-story Phase II, I think they're on the right track. This is good. It's nice to see development happening after the disappointments following the cancelling of Harrison Lofts. Frankly, I'd like to see this entire area filled with low rise residential and commercial buildings.

Does anyone happen to have a picture or rendering of Harrison I? I am wondering what style they are going with for these projects (I realize the article said there were no renderings for Harrison II) and as I am not living in Nashville at the moment, can't just jet over to North Nashville to see it, lol.

Does anyone happen to have a picture or rendering of Harrison I? I am wondering what style they are going with for these projects (I realize the article said there were no renderings for Harrison II) and as I am not living in Nashville at the moment, can't just jet over to North Nashville to see it, lol.

http://www.harrisonsquare.com/

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd add a few pictures of Harrison Square. These were taken during Dave's and my Saturday morning construction/crane tour of Nashville. Don't worry Hank, the crane shots will be up soon. Btw, what do you guys think about forming a caravan for our next forum meet? Walking around DT is fun but there is so much more out there. Thanks for the chariot ride, Dave. Great time.

DSCN3538.jpg

DSCN3544.jpg

Nice materials.

DSCN3539.jpg

DSCN3537.jpg

Interior/self portrait

DSCN3542.jpg

Furnished/self portrait II

DSCN3543.jpg

Here you go Ron.

DSCN3545.jpg

Thought I'd add a few pictures of Harrison Square. These were taken during Dave's and my Saturday morning construction/crane tour of Nashville. Don't worry Hank, the crane shots will be up soon. Btw, what do you guys think about forming a caravan for our next forum meet? Walking around DT is fun but there is so much more out there. Thanks for the chariot ride, Dave. Great time.

Thaks for the update, Ron & SG. This is great news. Obviously this project is doing or they wouldn't be strating Phase II already. I'm hoping that this is just the beginning of downtown development on the North "side of the tracks." Does anyone know how many units in are Phase II?

I can't wait to see those crane pictures!

Chariots 'R Us, as they say. It was fun. No telling where the tour-mobile would have taken us without time constraints.

These are really nice units. Hank, I believe Phase I has 15. From the blueprints, it appears each has a garage and private courtyard. So, Geek, our theory about that turns out to be correct.

With Phase II being 4-stories, these should make quite the statement. I really like them. I even learned I could still jump a brick wall unassisted. The world is wide open.

Chariots 'R Us, as they say. It was fun. No telling where the tour-mobile would have taken us without time constraints.

These are really nice units. Hank, I believe Phase I has 15. From the blueprints, it appears each has a garage and private courtyard. So, Geek, our theory about that turns out to be correct.

With Phase II being 4-stories, these should make quite the statement. I really like them. I even learned I could still jump a brick wall unassisted. The world is wide open.

I went down to the Harrison lofts just the other day. I must say that never has something so out of place warmed my heart :D . I am looking for Phase II to give a few more Nashvillians a wakeup call into what a neat community this area can become. The only real hang-up that I can see is the Metro jail that is in the area.

...and the railroad tracks are right next to them as well. Oh well, they'll get used to it.

Man, that's gonna be loud. I live well over a mile and a half+ from the railroad, and at night, I can hear the train a-comin' so loud that it wakes me up (right down to the clickety-clack). However, I always found the distant sound of a train rather romantic and old-timey, imagining Casey Jones on his final run. The sound of the night trains, however, gave my ex the creeps. :blink:

...and the railroad tracks are right next to them as well. Oh well, they'll get used to it.

Fortunately, the trains through there are slow.. we're a couple blocks away - and love the trains. It's like watching a model train set going around the city :shades:

I think, though, we might not so much if we were right on top of the tracks! No doubt, people will get used to it..

Fortunately, the trains through there are slow.. we're a couple blocks away - and love the trains. It's like watching a model train set going around the city :shades:

I think, though, we might not so much if we were right on top of the tracks! No doubt, people will get used to it..

I live a couple blocks away too, and I like the sound of the trains. It doesn't bother me at all at night.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a new developement coming soon right across from Harrison Square!!! It is called District Lofts! It looks like it is going to be 3 and 4 floors with about 65 units... Their website is already up and going! www.districtloftsnashville.com

There is a new developement coming soon right across from Harrison Square!!! It is called District Lofts! It looks like it is going to be 3 and 4 floors with about 65 units... Their website is already up and going! www.districtloftsnashville.com

Excellent! Thanks for posting.

• 2 months later...

A friend of mine has a contract on a Phase 1 Harrison townhouse, so I've had an opportunity to spend some time there. We've actually been in the model when the train has come by. As unbelievable as it sounds, the noise is minimal. The only real issue is the blowing of the horn. That can be a bit piercing.

Whoever quoted on the slow speed of the train is exactly right - they don't make that much noise. And as one of the realtors there said - "It's the same train that goes through Belle Meade!" So if it's good enough for them... :P

I hope it's not inappropriate to put a plug in for a particular decision made by the developer of Harrison Phase 1. While it may be obvious that each townhouse gets a one car garage and a small private backyard (so rare for downtown), it may not be so obvious that the units are finished out per the buyer's individual choices. Color of stain on the oak floor, choice of cabinets, granites, lights, tile in bathrooms around the tub and the walk-in shower and on the bathroom floors, etc. To me, that's something very "suburban". I don't mean that badly; simply that urban projects typically don't seem to offer that level of flexibility. It was providing a buyer with some ability to have a custom unit, without all the real headaches of a total custom project. Personal opinion, but I like getting something that is a little less "cookie cutter", something with some individuality.

Interestingly enough, the Phase 1 townhouses haven't sold all that quickly. (I still think they're only 1/2 spoken for.) Not sure why. There isn't much immediately nearby (no coffee shops, restaurants, etc.) so almost everything is a drive. But... I think that's where the opportunity is to make a few extra bucks, in the long run! That area can't help but get moving in the near future.

A friend of mine has a contract on a Phase 1 Harrison townhouse, so I've had an opportunity to spend some time there. We've actually been in the model when the train has come by. As unbelievable as it sounds, the noise is minimal. The only real issue is the blowing of the horn. That can be a bit piercing.

Whoever quoted on the slow speed of the train is exactly right - they don't make that much noise. And as one of the realtors there said - "It's the same train that goes through Belle Meade!" So if it's good enough for them... :P

I hope it's not inappropriate to put a plug in for a particular decision made by the developer of Harrison Phase 1. While it may be obvious that each townhouse gets a one car garage and a small private backyard (so rare for downtown), it may not be so obvious that the units are finished out per the buyer's individual choices. Color of stain on the oak floor, choice of cabinets, granites, lights, tile in bathrooms around the tub and the walk-in shower and on the bathroom floors, etc. To me, that's something very "suburban". I don't mean that badly; simply that urban projects typically don't seem to offer that level of flexibility. It was providing a buyer with some ability to have a custom unit, without all the real headaches of a total custom project. Personal opinion, but I like getting something that is a little less "cookie cutter", something with some individuality.

Interestingly enough, the Phase 1 townhouses haven't sold all that quickly. (I still think they're only 1/2 spoken for.) Not sure why. There isn't much immediately nearby (no coffee shops, restaurants, etc.) so almost everything is a drive. But... I think that's where the opportunity is to make a few extra bucks, in the long run! That area can't help but get moving in the near future.

I think the conservative and fairly suburban nature of the architecture may be hampering the sales efforts of these condos as well as their location in somewhat of an urban no-man's land. However, if they are as high quality as some have suggested, combined with their relatively large size and garage and yard amenities, I think these will eventually sell out, especially as the more urban phase 2 comes along and creates more of a neighborhhood, these will become more desirable.

With their proximity to state offices and the largely government district they inhabit, these units seem ideally suited to that demographic but I don't think that that largely conservative and reactionary group are quite in tune with the urban renaissance of the younger crowd.

I think the conservative and fairly suburban nature of the architecture may be hampering the sales efforts of these condos as well as their location in somewhat of an urban no-man's land. However, if they are as high quality as some have suggested, combined with their relatively large size and garage and yard amenities, I think these will eventually sell out, especially as the more urban phase 2 comes along and creates more of a neighborhhood, these will become more desirable.

With their proximity to state offices and the largely government district they inhabit, these units seem ideally suited to that demographic but I don't think that that largely conservative and reactionary group are quite in tune with the urban renaissance of the younger crowd.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived