Best City for Singles?

JV130

Hello Everybody. I live in Richmond,VA. I was thinking about relocating to Charlotte. I am a single young man looking for a booming job market for a recent college graduate in Business Administration. I am also looking for a vibrant nightlife to take up my time in the evenings with plenty of options to choose from. Do you think Charlotte would be a good city for me to relocate to? Let me know

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everybody. I live in Richmond,VA. I was thinking about relocating to Charlotte. I am a single young man looking for a booming job market for a recent college graduate in Business Administration. I am also looking for a vibrant nightlife to take up my time in the evenings with plenty of options to choose from. Do you think Charlotte would be a good city for me to relocate to? Let me know

I just graduated and moved to Charlotte from Columbia. Been here a month, and I think I'm really going to like it. There's plenty of bars, etc to go to a night. I've found some pretty cool places. I've gone out Uptown twice (only to bars, im not into the club scene), and went to cool Irish bar. Mostly I've gone out in the South End/Dillworth area since I live in Dillworth. Places are scattered throughout. I've also gone out in the University City area (a good bit north of town), since I work out that way. Theres some good places in the boardwalk area. The only thing I have not found is centralized area with bars, such as 5 Points in Cola. I guess it's due to the lack of a major university.

But as I said, I think I'm really going to like it here and would recommend it.

Many people are going to recommend moving here because we are in Charlotte and obviously like it since we're staying. Your best bet would be to take a weekend trip down and stay somewhere close to uptown and check it out for a couple days. Uptown is filled with bars and clubs. Plaza/Midwood, Southend, Noda, Montford all have clusters of nightlife that are worth checking out.

By the way I would recommend moving here. :)

You definetly need to visit all the candidates....Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, and any others......certainly Atlanta has more singles and more things to do, but its not everyone's cup of tea.

I think Charlotte is fine for singles, but certainly not a mecca yet. There are plently of bars and such, but most people settle into a rut on the 3-5 places they really like. There is enough variety though that most people will find the places that suit them.

Good luck.

Atlanta does have a stellar nightlife scene.

But another city you might consider is Orlando. Downtown and central-city Orlando is a well kept secret. The locals know all about it, while the visitors and tourists concentrate on the attractions in the nearby ex-urbs.

Downtown Orlando is real fun! Not in the same league as Atlanta of course, but it has it's own unique charm:)

• 1 month later...

Well.....Forbes put out it's yearly list on the subject today.

Rankings in the southeast.

#6 Raleigh

#10 Miami

#16 Atlanta

#22 Nashville

#24 Orlando

#25 Charlotte <- At least we are up from #33 last year.

#35 Tampa

#39 Norfolk

#40 Greensboring

Well.....Forbes put out it's yearly list on the subject today.

Rankings in the southeast.

#6 Raleigh

#10 Miami

#16 Atlanta

#22 Nashville

#24 Orlando

#25 Charlotte <- At least we are up from #33 last year.

#35 Tampa

#39 Norfolk

#40 Greensboring

that is a nice jump... but, i thought we might be a little higher up. raleigh needs to quit bogartin' all the tech jobs.

#40 greensboring.... he,he. :)

It also depends if one is more focused on their professional or personal goals. People tend to be getting together later and later with 24/7 career pressures these days and Charlotte is surely an example of that. Anyhow, where is Bugtussle :lol: I will go for a visit :wub:

Archived