What do you like and dislike most about your part of Atlanta?

Andrea

Clayton County

In general, I like that most cities in the Metro are somewhat self-contained

Affordability

Dislikes (Clatyon County + Metro):

-No Innovation on South Side

-Idea that ppl South of airport don't like quality groceries, products, services, etc...

-Food choices (just chains S of airport)

-Lack of community (all over)

-LARGE segration amongst classes and races

-Poor parenting / public schools

-Job market is awful (ie terrible commutes)

-Salaries are terrible

-Lack of cultural

-Lack of identity

-Lack of residential priority (goods, services, etc...)

I would not recommend this area as a place to relocate to unless a job offer is in hand and or going to the University. This is a highly unorganized, noncollaborative metro area. It's the game of the have's and have not's.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clayton County

In general, I like that most cities in the Metro are somewhat self-contained

Affordability

Dislikes (Clatyon County + Metro):

-No Innovation on South Side

-Idea that ppl South of airport don't like quality groceries, products, services, etc...

-Food choices (just chains S of airport)

-Lack of community (all over)

-LARGE segration amongst classes and races

-Poor parenting / public schools

-Job market is awful (ie terrible commutes)

-Salaries are terrible

-Lack of cultural

-Lack of identity

-Lack of residential priority (goods, services, etc...)

I would not recommend this area as a place to relocate to unless a job offer is in hand and or going to the University. This is a highly unorganized, noncollaborative metro area. It's the game of the have's and have not's.

I'm glad this thread was ressurected after 8 mos. by SBC. 75% of the replies have been off topic, and it has been completely fascinating. It is one thing to hear what people like about what part of the metro they live in, but quite another to hear the reasons why. I'm so tempted to say more, but it may be best in this instance to say nothing. Except... Thank you for helping me become a better human being.

I'm glad this thread was ressurected after 8 mos. by SBC. 75% of the replies have been off topic, and it has been completely fascinating. It is one thing to hear what people like about what part of the metro they live in, but quite another to hear the reasons why. I'm so tempted to say more, but it may be best in this instance to say nothing. Except... Thank you for helping me become a better human being.

According to the U.S. Census, Atlanta is one of the least segregated large cities in the nation. It ranked #55 on the list of most segregated cities. If you're living in Clayton County then I understand your dislikes...you won't find the culture, identity, and unique businesses and restaurants in the suburbs of very many cities. Commutes are not bad for everyone, but again if you choose to live in the burbs and work in the city you should expect a massive commute. Your other comments are all dependent upon individual experience that cannot be generalized over the entire city.

I know this is a thread for likes and dislikes about Atlanta...but something needed to be said in response to the glaring generalizations and the negativity in this posting.

Archived