Dematic gets a new owner

DwntwnGeo

Has anyone heard anything about this? I saw this article in on the Wood TV 8 website and thought I would post it.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5030133

A quote from the article:

"European investment group Triton is buying the company from Siemens....... The US headquarters, though, will stay in Grand Rapids and will still be known as Dematic."

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linky

Siemens (or should I say Dematic) is a customer of mine, and it's been quite the ordeal, they'll no longer receive anything with the Siemens name on it (invoices, mailings etc.). Also, I heard that the signs at most of the plants will be changed to just Dematic very soon.

• 2 years later...

My brother works for them. I am quite shocked by this. He was hoping on traveling less for them as an engineer but oh well. In any case to answer your question they are one of the leaders for having a dark wearhouse. I know they were interviewed on Modern Marvels about that a few years ago.

As for their big companies, uhm I know Kmart, Walmart, and Target are typically ones they do work for. I have not seen the inside of one of those places but from a walk about in a UPS facility in Wyoming I can only imagine what it would look like.

My brother works for them. I am quite shocked by this. He was hoping on traveling less for them as an engineer but oh well. In any case to answer your question they are one of the leaders for having a dark wearhouse. I know they were interviewed on Modern Marvels about that a few years ago.

As for their big companies, uhm I know Kmart, Walmart, and Target are typically ones they do work for. I have not seen the inside of one of those places but from a walk about in a UPS facility in Wyoming I can only imagine what it would look like.

Hello..

I am a first year Marketing student at the University of Waterloo in Ontario Canada. I am doing a project on the Material Handling Industry having Dematic as center of the project. (Each student got a different company) I found this post about Dematic and I was wondering if any of you can help me with this information. For this project, I need to define:

a) Market Size

b) Key Players / Dematic's competition

c) Market Share for each Key Player

d) Dematic's position within the market.

I see that the market handling industry is very large and diverse were there are some players that are leaders in one segment but not in others so these segment leaders might not be top players in the industry as a whole. I have not been able to find this information by myself. Would you be able to either let me know the information that I need or point me in the right direction to find it? I do not need to have certified information, in other words, an estimated/educated guess would work for my project presentation.

Please let me know if any one can help with this

Ernest Palfi

Hello..

I am a first year Marketing student at the University of Waterloo in Ontario Canada. I am doing a project on the Material Handling Industry having Dematic as center of the project. (Each student got a different company) I found this post about Dematic and I was wondering if any of you can help me with this information. For this project, I need to define:

a) Market Size

b) Key Players / Dematic's competition

c) Market Share for each Key Player

d) Dematic's position within the market.

I see that the market handling industry is very large and diverse were there are some players that are leaders in one segment but not in others so these segment leaders might not be top players in the industry as a whole. I have not been able to find this information by myself. Would you be able to either let me know the information that I need or point me in the right direction to find it? I do not need to have certified information, in other words, an estimated/educated guess would work for my project presentation.

Please let me know if any one can help with this

Ernest Palfi

Do some looking around at your school's library. Simmon's Media Market is probably your best bet, otherwise if you have a large business school at your college, the library might also have an extensive selection of market/industry information ready for you to dive into. One thing I've learned in college is that not everything you need can be found on the internet. It's tough to swallow, but it's true.

Ask around.

Archived