632 - 636 Wealthy

twoshort

I see these buildings are boarded up (the window openings that had popped out on the east side) and it looks like development is dead. Does anyone have the scoop?

Joe

There's a dumpster next to this guy:

361877.JPG

Image from this listing: http://public.carwm.com/public/carpagerpt....7&C=&B=

And it looks like they pinkish one next to it is being gutted too..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in there in August or so, and they'd done a lot of work in there already (gutting all the plaster, old flooring, tossing clutter, getting stuff down to studs, etc.). I don't know why they'd have gone through the trouble only to see it demolished a few months later.

I'll see if I can find anything out...

I was in there in August or so, and they'd done a lot of work in there already (gutting all the plaster, old flooring, tossing clutter, getting stuff down to studs, etc.). I don't know why they'd have gone through the trouble only to see it demolished a few months later.

I'll see if I can find anything out...

• 2 years later...
It was originally denied RenZone, but it was re-evaluated and now has the extension for both upper and lower. It is currently at the state historic preservation office, seeking historic tax credits and yes, it is also seeking a brownfield tax credit.

The project appears to be getting ready to move forward in the near future, once some of these final hurdles are taken care of. I would expect to see some progress in the next few months.

Archived