Downtown bank renovation turns up important historical artifacts

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fascinating find! Is the building under renovation historic as well?

Unfortunately, no. According to the website for the Downtown Development Authority, it was built in '76.

Here's a link to a page with stats about this particular building. It's shown as the "Bank One" building on this particular page because this page was put together pre-Chase. :)

http://www.downtownshreveport.com/zbankone.html

Interesting. You planning on checking it out sometime yourself Brian?

Well, the display is in the bank's archives in New York City, and I just don't see myself in NYC anytime soon. It would be cool to be looking at their company-wide archives and see a piece of home, no doubt. If it were in Chicago, I'd most likely go see it. I'll be up in Chicago again in about 3 months.

Well, the display is in the bank's archives in New York City, and I just don't see myself in NYC anytime soon. It would be cool to be looking at their company-wide archives and see a piece of home, no doubt. If it were in Chicago, I'd most likely go see it. I'll be up in Chicago again in about 3 months.

Oops, guess I skimmed that part of the article. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived