American Trust building to be sold for office condos

smeagolsfree

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my first trip to Nashville, I remember walking in front of this building and falling in love with it!! I would love to live in it... if I could afford it of course... at 1 apt. per floor, I'm sure the prices will be quite high!!! Can't believe a building as beautiful as this has been vacant for 15 years!!!!!!

Office condos, not living units, but nonetheless, it'll be nice to see some life in this beautiful building even if most of it is daytime use. I didn't realize that there was a nearly 20-year span from the first part of the building to the construction of the tower. I have an old postcard showing the original building, pretty cool.

Office condos, not living units, but nonetheless, it'll be nice to see some life in this beautiful building even if most of it is daytime use. I didn't realize that there was a nearly 20-year span from the first part of the building to the construction of the tower. I have an old postcard showing the original building, pretty cool.

What exactly is an office condos. Is it a residential condo with ith possibly half of even more than half the space devoted to office? I'm not familiar with this concept.

Office condos are getting popular in many markets. It's the same as a residential condo, except that its your office space that you own. They're not for living, just working.

Here's a pretty good description:

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stori...us2.html?page=1

Thanks for posting the article, Dave. Now I feel like I'm "up to speed" with the concept of office condos. It makes quite a bit of sense to me, and it wouldn't surprise me if it catches on in a big way all over the country.

Archived