Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timize

Which fireworks display is better?

7 posts in this topic

A lot of my friends say that the Celebration on the Grand fireworks display in Grand Rapids is always way better than the 4th of July display. So, which is it in your opinion?

I've only been to a couple of the Independence Day displays so I don't really know which is better.

A lot of my friends say that the Celebration on the Grand fireworks display in Grand Rapids is always way better than the 4th of July display. So, which is it in your opinion?

I've only been to a couple of the Independence Day displays so I don't really know which is better.

Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven gets the nod from me...it's in August, but I think it's the best one around!

Celebration on the Grand has been traditionally better because it was corporate sponsored, but this year the 4th is corporate sponsored. We shall see.

The displays each year down in Battle Creek at the Air Balloon festival were always pretty amazing.. they were always put on by Grucci(?)

I dunno if they still do those, though.. last one I was at was in the 90s.

Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven gets the nod from me...it's in August, but I think it's the best one around!

And that was one helluva bonfire they put on last year. :P

And that was one helluva bonfire they put on last year. :P

**snort**

We had our boat there (along with a zillion others) - had a great front row view - we were all joking about getting out the marshmallows.

Anyhoo - Grand Haven has the best fireworks. Celebration OTG runs a close second.

How are Holland's fireworks? Are they on the 1st this year? I'm planning on viewing Holland's display as my girlfriend will be in town but she's leaving on the 4th. What else would be a good thing to do over on the lakeshore on the 1st? What time are the fireworks and where is the best place to view them? I thought it would be nice to show her the beach and the sunset, but if the fireworks are at dusk I want time to get back inland a little bit to catch them.

-nb