The race for Governor

krazeeboi

^ I think Sanford was much less of a gamble than Floyd. I agree that Sanford needs to finish the restructuring started years ago by Campbell. I'm hoping he can get a lot of the positions we now vote on turned into Governor appointed positions.

Rex/Floyd, bah! I think either one would be equally uneffective. A lawyer with no experience, and an administrator! What a wonderful choice!

I went Moultrie, even though I knew I might just as well have taken that vote and tossed it in the trash.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's why I ultimately had to vote for Sanford; his primary goal, if effectively achieved, will result in long-term success for the state. I'd rather have that than potential short-term incremental benefits with Moore. But it was a gamble either way.

I voted for Sanford for the same reasons as krazee and Spartan...change needs to be enacted to keep the state from being so dependent on a huge bureaucracy. Rex/Floyd was a toss-up for me; but I chose Rex because he is also in favor of school choice...and he will get better consensus among teachers (like my wife! ;) ).

I agree with the Captain, though. The choices for superintendent sucked, since both backgrounds have proven inept in accomplishing true, positive change.

The one office I truly felt 100% on was treasurer with Ravenel. I think he will truly help Sanford with change in the state, especially since he's in charge of the money.

I didn't vote for treasurer, since I wasn't as familiar with the candidates. But it really is down to the wire with Floyd and Rex. While I didn't feel as though one was really any better than the other, I voted for Floyd because I think she may be able to bring new ideas to the table and because she's not already entrenched in the establishment, which I feel as though is a real hindrance to getting things done in the public education sector in this state.

Education is precisely why my relatives voted for Sanford. I doubt that Moore, who got his college degree in his 30s from a local school, knows more and can be more effective on education than Sanford, who has an undergrad degree from a better school and an MBA from a fancy place.

I hope you don't take every ranking you read for gospel. TIME magazine has no idea what's going on in this state. Sanford has a long-term plan for this state by emphasizing government restructuring (and in case you didn't know, our current government structure is rooted in racism); he just has to get it done. Moore really had no plan.

Archived