The race for Governor

krazeeboi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah. Thats well enough I suppose. There are more important things to concentrate on. I noticed a counter ad last night, but I didn't watch to see if it addressed this issue.

Moore is crazy to address any flaws involving Sanford and money, because he knows exactly where all of it has gone.

^ excerpt from the endoresement:

"These last four years have led us to conclude that at least for now, a moderate compromiser who can get some things done is more likely to move our state forward, however incrementally, than a revolutionary who can

Every poll for the last month or so has seen that range.

Moore has run simply a terrible campaign, he had a chance at an incumbent governor, in a state where he belongs to the minority party, but he just quit campaigning throughout the summer after his primary win, and lost any attempt to get name recognition out there.

And that The State supportted Moore? It would be a surprise if they did not.

And it's shaping up to be that there are only, maybe two close races among the state's constitutional offices.

I missed the debate on WYFF 4 the other day, but was wondering whether anyone has questioned why the SCDOT is broke, while so many roads need repairs and/or expansions? I-85 is loaded with potholes and cracks all over the Upstate (and has been for many months now). I am very frustrated with this problem, since I don't think other major roads across the state are in such a terrible condition. And this is only one example. There are tons of other road needs in the Upstate that are just not happening. A very short drive into NC shows this even more, since their roads are well maintained. This has been a problem for too long, and our Governor should be accountable for ensuring our tax money is used to maintain and improve our vital infrustructure.

I-95 and I-20 (between Aiken and Columbia at least) are definitely in worse shape than I-85. Actually here in Rock Hill, the contrast between I-77 in York County and I-77 in Charlotte is pretty stark, as our stretch of the interstate is pretty fresh and wide, while I-77 in Charlotte needs a good bit of work. But I do agree that SCDOT needs more money.

Yeah 95 is horrible, 20 is bad, and 26 is probably similar if not better than 85. The roads over all arent too bad, but they definitely need improvement. DOT isn't really "broke" but in order to do everything that they need to do, it will need a lot more money.

• 2 weeks later...
haha yeah- that and puppies.

The vote for Sanford doesn't reflect the votes on the amendments at all. Those are somewhat partisan, but generally they are not. I think they would have passed regardless of which candidate won. I haven't had a chance to see if there was any shift in the legislature. I know that my guy was unopposed, which was very frustrating.

You will note that regarding education... Jim Rex is probably going to come out on top of his race. Obviously there will be a recount and probably a contest of the results by Floyd, but I think Rex will have it in the end. Sanford has fully funded education, and I seriously doubt that will change.

Archived