This year's hurricane season

krazeeboi

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we are in a bit of a lull. A HUGE difference over last year, when we had already seen what, about 5 systems at this time last year?

Monday, July 10 was the one year anniversary of Hurricane Dennis making landfall around Destin, FL. I know this b/c I had to help evacuate my parents. So yes you are correct, at this time last year we had at least 4 named storms up to this point.

Yeah and now we are well into mid July and still no action. Seems most strange, considering that such an active season was predicted. There ARE still however, several months of the season and we are still 2 months from "peak" period.

Monday, July 10 was the one year anniversary of Hurricane Dennis making landfall around Destin, FL. I know this b/c I had to help evacuate my parents. So yes you are correct, at this time last year we had at least 4 named storms up to this point.

Yeah and now we are well into mid July and still no action. Seems most strange, considering that such an active season was predicted. There ARE still however, several months of the season and we are still 2 months from "peak" period.

According to the news, there could be development off the coast of NC. Hurricane chaser planes are to check it out tomorrow. There are a couple of waves which could generate interest but not as of yet. Let's remember, things can get BUSY in a HURRY!

:shok:

Archived