fort collins pictures

colin

I had read some things about Fort Collins, but have heard bad things about it from Coloradans. I was really impressed by the town though and may eventually end up there. It's a college town, but also has a vibrant, healthy Downtown area.

In-Fill townhomes near Downtown:

housing.jpg

CSU Campus:

csu0.jpg

csu1.jpg

csu2.jpg

I thought that this was funny:

csu3.jpg

"Old Town":

downtown1.jpg

downtown5.jpg

downtown6.jpg

downtown7.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Colin! thanks for posting, is this where you were all week? I used to live in Fort Collins, although it was almost 20 years ago now. I can barely remember what it looks like. I do know though, that it's one of the faster growing areas of the country.

Wow Colin! thanks for posting, is this where you were all week? I used to live in Fort Collins, although it was almost 20 years ago now. I can barely remember what it looks like. I do know though, that it's one of the faster growing areas of the country.

That's kinda like me with living in Boston: I remember what my house looked like, but that's about where it ends.

It is certainly growing quickly. Lots of traffic. There also seemed to be quite a few construction projects going on. That row house project really impressed me. Also, it was mixed-use because they had some sort of salon in one of the fronts. There was another apartment community directly across the street.

I'm going to go back some time soon to check out the town more.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me, what kind of growth is happening in Ft Collins. I know it's considered one of the fastest growing metros in the city. But never really hear very much about it. What's in store for it?

• 2 months later...

Hello all, I have been over on SSP for a while and decided to give this a look.

Colin: Typically people from Colorado don't badmouth Ft. Collins too much (we usually focus our energy on Boulder). I have never lived there, but visited many times while I went to CU for parties and such. It is a nice town, nice people, and a pretty fun place to be, especially while CSU is in.

MJLO: Ft. Collins and surrounding areas are expecting 30 year growth in the range of 66% above current population. So they are going to continute growing pretty well. There are even studies being done to have a Commuter Rail system set up from Wyoming to NM with Ft. Collins being one of the stops. There are a qute a few loft/mixed-use developments going up around the downtown area, and even rumors of a few commercial developments 8-10 stories tall along the I-25 corridor. As far as I can tell Ft. Collins has a pretty bright future for itself.

Welcome!

I loved Fort Collins, and although it's not my kind of weather, I'm still considering moving there eventually.

The negative things that I heard about Fort Collins actually came from people from Boulder (Boulderans?), so that makes sense.

The train concept sounds especially intriguing. Is this to run from Cheyenne to Albuquerque (and, of course, connect to the new Rail Runner system there)? Any links? Those sort of rail lines always seem to fizzle fairly quickly, but I've actually heard much about a CO Springs - Denver rail line for quite a while. What are the chances of this actually going through? Would it be private or some sort of state enterprise?

• 5 weeks later...

Welcome!

I loved Fort Collins, and although it's not my kind of weather, I'm still considering moving there eventually.

The negative things that I heard about Fort Collins actually came from people from Boulder (Boulderans?), so that makes sense.

The train concept sounds especially intriguing. Is this to run from Cheyenne to Albuquerque (and, of course, connect to the new Rail Runner system there)? Any links? Those sort of rail lines always seem to fizzle fairly quickly, but I've actually heard much about a CO Springs - Denver rail line for quite a while. What are the chances of this actually going through? Would it be private or some sort of state enterprise?

boulderites.........and which would make sense, casue CU and CSU are rival schools. Anyways, most of the people in the Peoples Republic of Boulder are trust funded hippies anyways

(I lived in Ft Collins for 5 years while I attended CSU......i loved that town)

the line is very possible since the Denver to Colorado Springs is still waiting for funding and final approval. In colorado, the light rail lines are used a lot so I dont see it fizzling anytime soon. Most of Colorado is environment friendly, so light rail will be around for awhile, as long as the texans and californians dont ruin it like they did everything else.......hmm......hostility. :) If it does go through though, it would be a partnership between Ft Collins Transit and RTD (as far as a FC to D line)

Anyways, most of the people in the Peoples Republic of Boulder are trust funded hippies anyways

Trustafarians. I've heard much about them. If I had a trust fund, I would probably be a hippy as well, but in some obscure New Mexican village.

If it does go through though, it would be a partnership between Ft Collins Transit and RTD (as far as a FC to D line)

That's what I assumed, but wouldn't heavy rail make more sense considering the distance between the population centers?

But how did CA and TX ruin light rail? I know little about the SJ and Sacramento systems, but I know that the San Diego one is nice, although not incredibly successful. But the DART in Dallas is well established and has done fairly well.

Given the current political climate, I think we're a lot more likely to see a Denver to Fort Collins line than a Fort Collins to Colorado Springs line. Passenger rail connecting Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, and other cities in between seems the most likely to me. Depending on what happens this November, Colorado Springs may be about to take a hard right turn that could cripple mass transit... and it's likely only the people who are too poor to own SUV's would care.

Trustafarians. I've heard much about them. If I had a trust fund, I would probably be a hippy as well, but in some obscure New Mexican village.

That's what I assumed, but wouldn't heavy rail make more sense considering the distance between the population centers?

But how did CA and TX ruin light rail? I know little about the SJ and Sacramento systems, but I know that the San Diego one is nice, although not incredibly successful. But the DART in Dallas is well established and has done fairly well.

they havnt ruined light rail yet......it was a general statement. CA and TX that comes here has been to blame for a lot of stupid changes in laws and politics. I was just saying as an overall, Im sure they would find a way to ruin it. But thats a whole diff really ugly conv Im sure the forums dont want to see. :whistling:

Given the current political climate, I think we're a lot more likely to see a Denver to Fort Collins line than a Fort Collins to Colorado Springs line. Passenger rail connecting Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins, and other cities in between seems the most likely to me. Depending on what happens this November, Colorado Springs may be about to take a hard right turn that could cripple mass transit... and it's likely only the people who are too poor to own SUV's would care.

maybe we should build a bullet train (like in Japan....which btw was awesome to ride in) to connect Ft collins, Denver, CS, and Pueblo. That would be pimp. :yahoo:

Archived