cheyenne pictures

colin

I took a slight detour to see Cheyenne, just because I figured I might never have another chance. Everyone told me that it was dull, and it really was, but there are certainly some interesting buildings.

Capitol:

capitol0.jpg

Down the street from the capitol:

capitol6.jpg

A newer building development Downtown, part of a revitalization project:

downtown11.jpg

Downtown:

downtown1.jpg

downtown14.jpg

downtown15.jpg

downtown16.jpg

downtown4.jpg

downtown8.jpg

Entrance to Downtown:

downtown6.jpg

Rail Station. Now somewhat of a tourist spot:

rail0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops, missed this topic. Cheyenne isn't very big is it. Although you might figure it would be more impressive as a draw without there being many sizeable cities in that area. Still looks like they have some interesting buildings there.

• 9 months later...

Cheyenne is place I would like to see before it starts growing into a larger city, something I think is sooner than most realize.

It still has the quaint charm of a small town. Wyoming has one of the lowest rates of job growth in the nation, mainly due to a decline in energy-related jobs since the boom years of the 1970's-early 1980's. However, Cheyenne is close enough to Denver to be included as front range city along with Fort Collins and Greely which are experiencing Denver sprawl. I think Cheyenne will soon experience the exurbanization of the Front Range, while Wyoming becomes attractive as alternative Montana and is discovered by retirees. As the capital city of Wyoming, growth in the state means more economic growth in the capitol along with the Denver overflow I think is headed that way.

I agree that it will grow, but I'm not sure that it will be so soon. The culture and geography are so strikingly different in Wyoming (even in Cheyenne) from that of Colorado that I doubt many Coloradoans would move there except to purchase ranch property far outside of town.

• 1 year later...
Cheyenne is place I would like to see before it starts growing into a larger city, something I think is sooner than most realize.

It still has the quaint charm of a small town. Wyoming has one of the lowest rates of job growth in the nation, mainly due to a decline in energy-related jobs since the boom years of the 1970's-early 1980's. However, Cheyenne is close enough to Denver to be included as front range city along with Fort Collins and Greely which are experiencing Denver sprawl. I think Cheyenne will soon experience the exurbanization of the Front Range, while Wyoming becomes attractive as alternative Montana and is discovered by retirees. As the capital city of Wyoming, growth in the state means more economic growth in the capitol along with the Denver overflow I think is headed that way.

Archived