bozeman, mt pictures

colin

I had read and heard good things about Bozeman but was somewhat disappointed. It seems too large for its own good, and has a lot of traffic for a town its size, especially on the major streets. This was also another town that seemed to have too much money. I went into a coffee shop (because they had wi-fi) to get something to eat, but a hummus and red pepper sandwich was $9. I just went down the street to Arby's (which also has wi-fi) and ate pretty well.

Montana State Campus:

msu0.jpg

msu5.jpg

msu8.jpg

Downtown:

downtown1.jpg

downtown3.jpg

downtown5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Colin,

I just had a job interview at MSU. The salary was crap and I am glad I didn't get the job. Although, I did like many parts of aspects of Bozeman. I have to agree with you on the following...

This was also another town that seemed to have too much money.

It felt kind of like Boulder with all this money. My Aunt said that a lot of Californian's have vacation homes in and around Bozeman. So, I was dissapointed in the money thing too. Where on Earth can I find a blue collar town just like the one I grew up in before the yuppies came in and then the painted steps with white semi-gloss paint and put up privacy fences? UGH! :wacko:

Also, with Bozeman it seems like it has a lot of specialty places like cafes and restaraunts that don't belong there. I was looking for the burger and fries places when I was there and hole in the wall western bars. :thumbsup: There were a few of these places. I have to say that I was impressed with the corner drug store that was still there!! I had one of those growing up and miss it dearly, now there is a rediculous restaraunt there.

I also agree with you on the traffic. There was too much there for Bozeman's size. Homes are sprawled out in Gallatin Valley like tossed dice. Its a beautiful valley but too many homes. And how many of these homes are vacation homes or summer homes?

Anyway, thanks for posting the pictures!!

C

• 2 months later...

angel - You might wanna try looking into Helena. I lived there for 7 years (I was born in Bozeman) and found Helena to be a very beautiful city without the millionaires living living around the city like Bozeman. Helena has unbelievable weather. In the winter Helena got very little snow, but it still felt like winter. There are 4 very distinct seasons. Absolutely no humidity. Only problem is the wind. It is windy very often during the summer months especially. If you have children, the school systems are great. There are two really nice high schools. There is plenty of outdoor activities to do around Helena and the shopping I'm assuming has improved since I moved 5 years ago. People are friendly for the most part and driving around the city is fairly easy.

Archived