Quality seafood stores?

revitalize

So I'm in search of a specialty seafood store where they have fresh seafood brought in daily, tons of specials, and really good prices. So far all i can find in CLT is the seafood dept.'s at grocery stores and the stuff I've bought there so far has been disappointing (not fresh). Can anyone recommend any seafood stores for me to check out?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also, on central ave. near the intersection of arnold dr. is a place called inner harbor. i haven't been in a while but its your typical asian fish market with everything from snapper to frogs and eels. i used to buy talapia there... you pick out the fish you want from the tank - they pull it out and kill, clean and package right there. the price is a fraction of what you might pay @ a grocery and the freshness seems far exceeded.

there's another place like this somewhere on tryon near sugarcreek... maybe in the asian mall?

The Asian Mall, specifically the New Century grocery store has the freshest fish in town. In fact they have a bunch of aquariums where they will pull out the creature that you want to eat, kill and prepare it for you while you wait. Can't get any fresher than that. Lots of exotic selection too. They also have a multitude of very fresh vegetables. I highly recommend it.

If memory serves, i may have seen one along N Sharon-Amity near Independance or maybe near Monroe Road. I wouldnt take a drive out there if its out your way but just trying to help here :)

It's been a looooong time since I've been to The Fresh Market (2 locations I know of - one on providence and one on Hwy 51), but they supposedly get fresh fish 6 days a week. Anyone else have any input on this store?

Harris Teeter actually doesn't have too bad of fish. Also, the market atlrvr was talking about on Morehead is a good one. O, and I recently ate at McCormick & Schmick's - that's a great restaurant for fish, even if it is a chain. You'll pay through the nose though.

Archived