Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PghUSA

Pittsburgh top 3 city for the Arts!

7 posts in this topic

That's awesome. Don't know about Buffalo but I have always heard NM is a very artsy place. Maybe Buffalo is too and we just don't know it. I bet many people would be surprised by Pgh's arts scene, after all :)

Buffalo is famous for the Albright-Knox Gallery...

anyways I never put any stock into these rankings

anyways I never put any stock into these rankings

I don't put much stock in rankings either, but I am always glad to see my city ranked high, because it is great publicity. :)

Evergrey, just got done reading Gerbli's thread about those cities she's tired of hearing about . . . the average American (pretty much the average human) unfortunatly puts stocks in rankings like this, as well as how big a media market and how much population the "city" has. Not only that but Congress, Madison Avenue, Hollywood Blvd. and Wall Street tend to only look at the vignettes "top 10's" and then flip the page to something more pressing. I don't steak everything to the rankings but they do help break the ice, what happens during the ASG will really present us well to the world.

Yeah, I totally agree with you, PghUSA. Some people do put a lot of stock in rankings. The cities that consistently make it to the top are often the ones with good images.

For some reason this reminds me of those MSN "best burgers in 19 cities" type things. They never include Pittsburgh :( But perhaps that is more of a topic for the 'cities you're tired of' thread :)

Nah Gerbil, to me a nice burger is a work of Art! Andy Warhol you missed your true calling as a short order artest at Primanti's!

;)