Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

g-man430

Crane Sightings

27 posts in this topic

I don't think we have a thread for this yet, but I think it's about time we do. :thumbsup:

I counted seven (7) cranes in the air while heading south on I-85 in Greenville today. Most of them can be seen in the same horizon from the Woodruff Road bridge. Also noticed another crane being erected at CU-ICAR. It is very exciting, and really is just the beginning, since the vast majority of projects in this area haven't yet broken ground. :D

My post in the I-85 Mini-Skyline thread is relevant here then. Hopefully someone will be able to get a shot off before any of those cranes come down.

Imagine. You'll have ICAR, Millennium Campus, The Point, South Financial, and other things, maybe even Verdae with cranes all going up at the same time over the next few years and beyond. :thumbsup:

My two year old love to point out all the cranes in Greenville when we are out and about. He says that it looks like the buildings are fishing.

Too bad that crane wasn't being used to build a new skyscraper. :lol: What was that crane being used for instead?

:lol:

It was being used for something good though......the condos going into the couple of old buildings on Main across from Port City Java (forget the name of the condos). Being used to work on the roof as they are adding some 5th floor loft units and rootop decks on the back side. :thumbsup:

Too bad that crane wasn't being used to build a new skyscraper. :lol: What was that crane being used for instead?

Most likely the HVAC units, which typically require a very tall crane to install on a roof.

:lol:

It was being used for something good though......the condos going into the couple of old buildings on Main across from Port City Java (forget the name of the condos). Being used to work on the roof as they are adding some 5th floor loft units and rootop decks on the back side. :thumbsup:

We have a good view of it from our bathroom. At some point I'll get off my lazy butt and take a picture of it.

Sorry everyone, no photos, but I did see 8 cranes erected around the CU-ICAR/Millennium Campus/J.L.Mann High School portion of the I-85 power corridor at noon today. It looked beautiful! :shades:

Is it safe to say that Greenville is on fire?

You need an answer? :whistling:

Our fair city is not only hot, but blazing!

Hey....what has happened to all of gsupstate's photos?!?!? Is he having trouble with photobucket again? :P

Hey....what has happened to all of gsupstate's photos?!?!? Is he having trouble with photobucket again? :P

:cry: R.I.P.

We need to fill in many of the holes left behind by his missing images. I have begun to work on that, but there is no way I'll ever get very far in a short amount of time. A little help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Glad I switched to flickr from photobucket. :rolleyes:

I only use photobucket. It works perfectly... gsupstate decided to leave UP and he absconded with his photos. That said I would swtich to Flickr if I wasn't paying for Photobucket.

Great pic, RT. I love the way the buildings show up with the sun in the background. :thumbsup:

Silhouette...

"Took a walk and passed your house....late last night...all the shades were pulled and drawn...way down tight...."

Next time your driving northbound on I-85 and you get to exit 19 look on your right and you'll see a blue tower crane right next to the interchange around the same height as the Terrace at Riverplace. Anybody know what it's for? I'll try to get a pic of it tomorrow on my home from school.