TOWN TACKY

confused06

Is there a way to post pictures on UP? I wish I could show you how Mary Clark and her followers are littering James Island with tacky handwritten signs, and SOLD -ON THE TOWN OF JAMES ISLAND (i guess replicating real esate signs) signs.

How is anyone supposed to take Mary C and her followers seriously? I currently have one of the SOLD-ON THE TOWN OF JAMES ISLAND signs duct taped to our stop sign in our neighborhood, I want to rip it down so bad!! :rofl:

Since I still have not gotten an answer from city of charleston planning department on whether or not we even have a homeowners association, I dont know if I have the right to take this tackiness down! :)

We have decided to vote "NO" and probably move off of this island. Unfortunately as much as I love it here, it has become over-populated. We have one main road (FOLLY RD) which dead ends at the beach, there is no where for traffic to go, and it sometimes take 20 minutes to get 2 miles up the road. I took a drive the other day and homes and condos are literally going up in every nook and cranny of this island, it is like an infectious disease. I dont mind "growing" and building, but this has gotten ridiculous. Supposedly there is another apartment complex with 260 units going up on Central park Road. I dont know where Riley expects us to put all these people.

I am voting "no" but personally I am sick to death of this entire ordeal and Mary Clark and her tacky signs placed everywhere, and I hope that people get out and vote on June 20th. That is if they know where they are supposed to vote.( I still dont know) Apparently the "former town" has decided to do an old fashioned paper ballot and have chosen NOT to use the Board of Elections. :sick:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look forward to seeing MC's tacky handwriting signs pushing for James Island Town Limits once more...

I haven't seen or been to James Island since 1982 when I dated someone there back then and so long ago; what I remember most about JI was a bridge that crossed into the island from West Ashley that overlooked all that water and the beautiful peninsula city of Charleston...which shined below like a jewel.

othe than that James Island was pretty rural (to me) back in 1982. I remember driving down streets where there were no houses and just woods...

We have decided to vote "NO" and probably move off of this island. Unfortunately as much as I love it here, it has become over-populated. We have one main road (FOLLY RD) which dead ends at the beach, there is no where for traffic to go, and it sometimes take 20 minutes to get 2 miles up the road. I took a drive the other day and homes and condos are literally going up in every nook and cranny of this island, it is like an infectious disease. I dont mind "growing" and building, but this has gotten ridiculous. Supposedly there is another apartment complex with 260 units going up on Central park Road. I dont know where Riley expects us to put all these people.

Most of the areas you speak of with all of this new development are not within the boundries of the City of Charleston. And I definitely agree if you are looking for the rural lifestyle these areas so close to downtown are not the best of choices.

Wow, confused, that is hilarious. Sad, but hilarious! Unfortunately, tacky is the defining description for Mary Clark and her efforts for the remainder of JI to incorporate.

JI was somewhat rural in the early 80's, but it was already starting to grow back then. Mike made a great point, if you want more of a rural lifestyle, JI is probably not going to be the place for it. I think traffic will improve on Folly Road once the remainder of I-526 gets built, but the county has really made huge mistakes in not being proactive to facilitate better traffic flow. Harbor View Road should have been widened all the way to Fort Johnson, and while they couldn't widen FJ Road with all of its oak trees, another thoroughfare should have been planned. Or, Camp Road and Riverland Drive could have been widened.

If you want more of a rural environment with access to city amenities, I've noticed that a few people are moving to Wadmalaw Island, Meggett, Ravenel, and Hollywood. Maybe you ought to consider living in those places. Keep in mind, if you want fast police or EMS, you might not get it out there.

Archived