Downtown Springfield Devlopments

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have talked about them enough. Here is mine. It's a bit messy, but these are the only pictures I have around me right now. The camera we used is pretty crappy, so I'm sorry for the bad pictures, but you get the idea.

Us in the Kitchen:

m55331059.jpg

Kitchen:

m55331149.jpg

Entering the Livingroom from the stairs:

m55331112.jpg

The Livingroom (worthlessly dark picture):

m55331800.jpg

My bedroom:

m55331224.jpg

This is one of Jack Ball's from loft walk last week. Notice how big the air duct is, I was amazed. I'm not sure I could have wraped my arms around it:

m55331198.jpg

I did 2 of those four sites... we just relaunced the BlueBlockLofts.com one today in fact. I also did the Jack Ball web site, and not to mention we live and work out of a loft downtown.

Fun forum... I will have to keep an eye on these discussions. :)

OH! I looked at that loft like forever ago when they had just finished it... like 4 or 5 years ago. Always did like it... I thought it looked like a cool "set" you'd see on a movie and wished you lived there.

Here's a link to a page of our loft.

I did 2 of those four sites... we just relaunced the BlueBlockLofts.com one today in fact. I also did the Jack Ball web site, and not to mention we live and work out of a loft downtown.

OH! I looked at that loft like forever ago when they had just finished it... like 4 or 5 years ago. Always did like it... I thought it looked like a cool "set" you'd see on a movie and wished you lived there.

WOW! Your place is great!

Where aboutst are you located?

Did you build or do you rent?

If you don't mind, How much $$$ either rent or purchase?

Thanks for posting those. I know there are a couple more but I think we got the main ones.

BTW.....I can't remember if you said that you live in Wilhoit, but if so I was wondering if you know what the three bedroom lofts go for. I know that there is only two places downtown that offer three bedroom lofts and Wilhoit is one of them.

I found a 3bdrm for ya:

http://www.blueblocklofts.com/pdfs/fpl_112.pdf

Very cool loft man! I wish I had that loft.

You do a great job with the websites, very cool!

Thanks everyone!

We love it here. It's my 4th loft downtown in 5 years... and our (my wife and mine's) 3rd loft.

We're located on Park Central East... just East of the ICON nightclub (which we've never set foot in) in the MARX building.

Joe Bowman, our landlord, has 4 lofts in this building. 3 on the top floor and 1 on the 2nd floor. The rest of the spaces on the 2nd floor are all offices.

Every loft he has is VERY different and they are by far, imho, the coolest ones I've ever seen downtown... and I've been in a lot.

The one below us is actually occupied right now, but also for rent... the guy in it will move out if someone else wants it. It's $1,000 a month, 1440 square feet, and is SO COOL! It was our loft before this one... we moved for space.

The thing is this is a QUIET building... like no "parties" and such, so it's hard to find people who are actually willing to be quiet, but also willing to live above Big Whiskey's... which can be sort of noisy. If you fit the bill, come by and talk to Joe. :)

You should see the one next DOOR to us... it's a 2 story house! Or as some would say, "a deluxe apartment in the sky-eye-eye." Very, very, very cool!!!

Thanks everyone!

We love it here. It's my 4th loft downtown in 5 years... and our (my wife and mine's) 3rd loft.

We're located on Park Central East... just East of the ICON nightclub (which we've never set foot in) in the MARX building.

Joe Bowman, our landlord, has 4 lofts in this building. 3 on the top floor and 1 on the 2nd floor. The rest of the spaces on the 2nd floor are all offices.

Every loft he has is VERY different and they are by far, imho, the coolest ones I've ever seen downtown... and I've been in a lot.

The one below us is actually occupied right now, but also for rent... the guy in it will move out if someone else wants it. It's $1,000 a month, 1440 square feet, and is SO COOL! It was our loft before this one... we moved for space.

The thing is this is a QUIET building... like no "parties" and such, so it's hard to find people who are actually willing to be quiet, but also willing to live above Big Whiskey's... which can be sort of noisy. If you fit the bill, come by and talk to Joe. :)

You should see the one next DOOR to us... it's a 2 story house! Or as some would say, "a deluxe apartment in the sky-eye-eye." Very, very, very cool!!!

I'm glad you like it downtown. Are you from the area?

Do you know if the app for rent is 3 bedroom or so. If so I might be interested in checking it out. I have to be out of my place in 2 months so I am pretty anxious to find a loft.

No, the one below us is a true "loft" in the biggest meaning of the word... the only real wall is for the bathroom and there is only 1 bedroom.

Yes, I'm from the area, my wife isn't.

Are you in the area?

Where are you from originally?

Downtown is becoming more and more less of a "college hang out" and more of an actual "living area" and we couldn't be happier! :)

No, the one below us is a true "loft" in the biggest meaning of the word... the only real wall is for the bathroom and there is only 1 bedroom.

Yes, I'm from the area, my wife isn't.

Are you in the area?

Where are you from originally?

Downtown is becoming more and more less of a "college hang out" and more of an actual "living area" and we couldn't be happier! :)

Good lord 1500 sf. of open space, thats a loft if I ever knew one.

I am a life long resident to Springfield, although it doesn't feel that way seeing how I am gone all the time.

Yes, downtown is becoming more and more of a living place, but there still are 45,000 college students in the city and all love to drink. For the most part it has calm down a little.

BTW I was wondering if you have any cool pics of downtown that you would like to share. If so "please" post em' in the Pictures topic. Thanks :D

Wish their web site were good.

Ahhh... reminds me of the days of tables and images...

Oh, and I don't have any pictures of downtown really that I know of.

I will look though and post some if I find them.

Thats Ok........I've tried to make time to take some photos around downtown, but I'm either working too much or I just forgot my camera when I go out. I've noticed from looking at certain Springfield websites that there are many places with great scenes left out of their photo collections that should be there. Hopefully I will remember my camer this friday when I go to the Gillioz opening.

• 3 months later...
Sorry about that, are Im allow to paste few sentences and make a link?

I put those on it because some websites have hulks and too many information to find...

I gotta to put this to let peoples know about this(don't ban me, :cry: ) I love this Urbanplanet.org! Urban is my favorite thing and pretty much passion about it.

Alrighty! :yahoo:

Jordan Valley TIF Commission

They are discussin about how they will be cost and tax from Downtown, they looked like would be make LOT of MONEY. I believe that they will increase more downtown somewhere... I wanna High-rise :( I wanna High-rise :angry: I-I want Hi-High-Rise -_- Oh Well!

Springfield Business Jorunal:

http://www.sbj.net/industry_article.asp?cI...&aID2=76254

Archived