Michael Jordan buys Bobcats

monsoon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last thing the Bobcats need is a "me first" guy like Iverson. He is a great player, but we need to build a team first and foremost. It will be interesting to see how much Jordan can start to influence Free Agents to consider Charlotte as a destination.

I saw Emeka Okafor at work the day and had to help him, and he was actually kinda rude yesterday/ I seem him maybe once a week or 2 weeks and he is usually ok, but he was just rude yesterday. Talking on his cell phone using the F word in public and cussing and stuff. I am also guessing that he was also flirting with girls on the phone that he has met on the road. Asking on the phone if they got a computer and digital camera so that they can send him pictures.....I guess someone is being a bad boy LOL! But yea, he was saying this stuff in public, luckily no one else was around other than my manager, but he was in the back of the room and didnt really hear anything with what he was doing. So uh.....yea. Thats my experience with Emeka LOL!

Johnson needs to spend some money on a coach. Bickerstaff didn't really have a stellar record before the Bobcats.

Thank you someone who thinks like I do. He didn't do a good job with the Wizards. His teams are inconsistent to say the least. IMO the cats should have gotten "new" coaching blood. Instead of a recycled coach. I think it was a good ole boy thing. They probably met when Bob was in Washington and promised Bick a job if he lands a franchise. NOt saying that is a bad thing either I know it happens all the time. My argument is he is not a great coach a good one but not the quality coach needed to lead a brand new team in a city that feels jilted.

Thank you someone who thinks like I do. He didn't do a good job with the Wizards. His teams are inconsistent to say the least. IMO the cats should have gotten "new" coaching blood. Instead of a recycled coach. I think it was a good ole boy thing. They probably met when Bob was in Washington and promised Bick a job if he lands a franchise. NOt saying that is a bad thing either I know it happens all the time. My argument is he is not a great coach a good one but not the quality coach needed to lead a brand new team in a city that feels jilted.

Bickerstaff has done a fine job for an expansion team. As I've said before, EVERY expansion team coach gets fired within a year or three. It's to be expected. That's usually why teams never start off with a Pat Riley or a Bill Parcells. They're going to lose no matter how good the coach is for the first 4/5 years.

does it bother any of you bobcat fans that neither micheal jordan nor bob johnson live in charlotte? i've seen that reported and i understand there is no intent for either one to re-locate here. i personally don't care since NBA basketball doesn't do much for me... but, i would have to say i would feel more akin to an owner like jerry richardson, who has made himself a part of community fabric in which he's vested.

does it bother any of you bobcat fans that neither micheal jordan nor bob johnson live in charlotte? i've seen that reported and i understand there is no intent for either one to re-locate here. i personally don't care since NBA basketball doesn't do much for me... but, i would have to say i would feel more akin to an owner like jerry richardson, who has made himself a part of community fabric in which he's vested.

Bob Johnson has a condo at the radcliffe, and is here quite a bit. I've seen him at a number of games, it does bother me about michael never being here however, but I don't think his absense will be that big of a deal.

Bob Johnson has a condo at the radcliffe, and is here quite a bit. I've seen him at a number of games, it does bother me about michael never being here however, but I don't think his absense will be that big of a deal.

I think Jordan will be here quite a bit more than people realize since he has 20 million invested in the team. We may not always know about it. He also has the ability to jump on a private jet at a moments notice, so I guess it doesn't matter where he lives.

It wouldn't surprise me if he eventually moves back to NC(his home state) once his kids get out of school. :unsure:

I think Jordan will be here quite a bit more than people realize since he has 20 million invested in the team. We may not always know about it. He also has the ability to jump on a private jet at a moments notice, so I guess it doesn't matter where he lives.

It wouldn't surprise me if he eventually moves back to NC(his home state) once his kids get out of school. :unsure:

Also Michael Jordan stated in a news article that his brother lives in Charlotte, and that he is more of a local than the general public is aware of.

Adam Morrison from Gonzaga is coming to the Bobcats. Strong offensive player, although weak on defense. I think he will be a good fit for the Bobcats.

Maybe now we'll have something exciting to watch at games. Here's to Larry Byrd Jr. Now, if we can get some new coaching staff in, we could easily have a playoff team in our city again.

Now we have some cap room as well, so maybe we can pick up a marquee player. Unfortunately, I think that the Bobcats seem to want to build around a young nucleus so we'll see if they pick anyone in the offseason. I'd imagine they would, I'm just hoping for a center other than primoz, he's a great player, but not good enough. Who knows, we could be looking at a mid thirty to lower forty win season, that would be awesome and maybe we'll finally start filling the stands, no derrick coleman please!

I think he's a perfect pick...not only to get a scorer, but it will be great for PR - the kid's a hustler and passionate at all heck. Everything the NBA's not.

I can see it now...kids walking around Charlotte with mop top wigs and cheesey fake half-grown mustaches!

Archived