Winchester?

Sonagi

I've just accepted a job offer and will be moving to Winchester from the midwest. I like the location, within driving distance of DC and close to the Shenandoah Valley. What are the people like? Is it really conservative? Any stores in town sell organic produce and ethnic ingredients? I know the area is agricultural, so I'd guess there's a local farmers' market.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winchester is a beautiful area. Not only is it close to the Shenandoah Valley, it is IN the Shenandoah Valley! :)

The natural beauty of that area is amazing. Winchester has a cute little village downtown, and as you mentioned, DC is within reach. Some people from Winc commute to northern VA but I think NOVA/DC would be much better as a weekend trip.

Winchester (& the rest of the Valley) is a conservative area. They love them some Jesus out there. You will find farmers markets in Wichester and in some nearby hamlets. Organic produce is around but harder to find. There isn't much "ethnic" anything. The Valley isn't the most diverse place.

I lived in Harrisonburg (60 miles south in the Valley) for four years. The Valley is a charming place and offers natural beauty and lots of outdoor activities. If you like the small town/rural lifestyle it's a great place to be.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived